Sunday, March 27, 2016

Saturday, March 26th, 2016



It appears the peso closed for the week at 3,072 to the dollar.

We left the finca at 1:45 and I gave each of the black dogs a dog biscuit.  At the highway, across from the entrance to the sideroad, there is now a “30” speed limit sign and a yellow stripe going across that side of the road.  That will make it easier to spot when it’s time to get off the bus at night.

We had to wait 20 minutes for a bus and then it was standing room only.  As people got off at La Estrella we got seats in the back.  I thought we were going to Envigado but I learned we’re going to La Visitacion in Poblado.  After we got off the bus at the Poblado station and were waiting for a taxi Teresa told me there was a woman sleeping on the bus with one of her boobs hanging out.  I understand the man seated next to her was happy.  Teresa said she tried to get my attention but I missed it.

We got to the beauty shop just in time – 3pm – for Teresa’s hair appointment.  While she was having her hair done I went to the mall’s small food court and bought a large fresh juice (banana, papaya, mango with yogurt) from Cosechas and took it back to Teresa.  I went back to the mall and read some more.  After about half an hour I had a FriSnack from Frisby.  I finished James Gunn’s 213 page The Listeners.  This book was recommended by Carl Sagan and it appears to have given him the idea for writing his novel Contact.  I downloaded Carl Sagan’s 367 page Cosmos.

I bought another large juice and met Teresa back in the beauty shop at 5pm.  She finished at 5:30 and then she had something to eat back in the mall.  We ordered a medium pizza from Domino’s – half chicken and mushrooms for Laura and half tomato and green pepper for me – for about 23,900.  We quickly caught a taxi to Poblado.  I got a little nervous because Teresa put the pizza in the area behind us (forgot what it’s called).  All the way I was saying “pizza, pizza, …” in my mind.  As we got out I paid the driver and reminded Teresa to bring the pizza.  She had forgotten.  She confided in me that once she left a whole cooked chicken in a taxi like that.  We quickly caught a car to take us to the finca.  She said it would be faster than waiting for a bus.  I don’t know because he never drove faster than 40kmh (about 25mph) and he swung by every bus stop looking for additional passengers.
We got back to the finca by 7:15 and I put Luna and Peluche in the doghouse.

We heated up the pizza in the microwave and soon finished it among the 3 of us.

Laura did some movie searching and we finally settled on watching I Spit on your Grave 3 (5.2).

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete