Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Monday, February 29th, 2016



Happy Leap Year Day!

We left the finca at 12:30 and got past the G-dogs undetected, probably because there was a plane flying overhead that disguised our footsteps.  On the top of the hill I heard earth moving equipment just above us around the corner.  On the way down the hill we found Don Carlos cleaning the sideroad.

After a 10 minute wait we realized a bus had passed and we both hadn’t noticed.  Ten minutes later we were finally on a bus to Aguacatala.  Teresa called someone and then informed me that her face care appointment has been changed from today to tomorrow so we’re going to Envigado instead.  I laughed, because her plans always seem to be changing, and then informed her that we are going to meet Eddie at Mall Laureles for lunch.  We got off at Aguacatala, took a bus to Viva Laureles, walked across the street to Mall Laureles and met Eddie at 2:05.

Teresa ordered fish from Patacon and Eddie and I both ordered burger combos from Angus House.  I wasn’t impressed with their quality of beef.  

We talked, or more accurately, Eddie talked to Teresa in Spanish until about 3:45 then Teresa left to go window shopping.  We made arrangements for Eddie to come to the finca for a visit on Saturday and Sunday March 12th and 13th.  Eddie and I talked until 4:15 and then I left to pay my bills in Exito.

I was in Exito’s Bancolombia by 4:30.  The bank was crowded with about 8 people ahead of me in my preferential line.  I was able to read my Nook for 15 minutes before a lady security guard told me to put it away (at least that’s what I expect she said).  Another 10 minutes and I had completed my 115,000 monthly health insurance payment to Natalia Patino Holguin.

I went down to Exito’s bill payment area and there were only about 3 people ahead of me.  A minute later Alvero, Vicky’s husband, showed up.  I told him I was glad he was here because I might need his help.  I had no difficulty paying the Direct TV bill but all I had to pay the Une bill was a hand written account number.  The cashier said something but all I understood was that I couldn’t pay the bill there.  After Alvero completed his bill paying he walked me to the other end of the floor, next to the pharmacy, where there was what looked like a Gana booth.  Unfortunately, I understood that their system was down.

I found Teresa in Bonabella where she was watching another woman try on clothes.  We went back to Exito where we picked up ground beef, hamburger buns, oreo cookies, butter, and butter cookies.

We walked across Avenida 80 and after about a 15 minute wait we took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Aguacatala.  We waited another 20 minutes for a bus back to the finca.

It must be a new moon because the sky was dark.  We found a Caterpillar backhoe parked at the top of the hill.  The black dog came out and I gave him a dog biscuit.  We arrived back at the finca at 7:45.

We finished watching The Dark (5.4) – I didn’t care for it.  Teresa went to bed at 11pm and I watched season 1, episode 5 of Fargo.

T-shirt of the day: Some things take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment