Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Monday, May 6, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, final waking/getting up at 6:30.

It’s raining lightly, hoping it stops completely before I have to leave. I checked my weather apps and got differing predictions:




My right heel was a little sore but it quickly went away.

I left the apt at 8am and an Envigado bus was just leaving as I crossed the street to Smartfit. It was only a 5-minute wait for a Sabaneta bus. It was pretty crowded but I found a seat next to a window. I got off at the light before calle 7 and walked up to Cedimed. No more facemasks required. I handed the lady standing outside my cedula and my doctor’s order. All routine, only other difference she didn’t give me a call number they just called my name. it was about a 5-minute wait before my name was called. I went to Admission Desk #2 and the lady showed me a laminated piece of paper – the usual things about sex, riding a horse, or riding a bicycle and I told her, “no problem”. I put the 76,900-peso ($19.72) charge on my debit card and took a seat again. It was another 5 minutes before my name was called. I went in back and quickly had my blood draw and I gave her a regular size Band-Aid to put on top of the little circle Band-Aid they use. Back in the waiting room I took a seat for 10 minutes before leaving just to make sure I didn’t bleed out. 😊

I walked the six blocks or so to Sweet Georgia. I exchanged my paperback book for a hardback as I didn’t see anything else new. I ordered the 3-item breakfast





plus coffee and today the pork sausage was decent.

I paid 50mil, walked back to Ave Poblado and caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado. There were lots of seats available and when we got to the last light at Otra Parte before my stop I moved to a seat next to the back door. As the light turned green I saw there were two other buses between ours and the sidewalk. I reached up and pressed the buzzer. I didn’t hear anything but the bus stopped anyway. I got up and he accelerated (a man had gotten on at the front) which whipped me back into my seat. A lady across the aisle laughed with me as I struggled to get up and push the buzzer again. The driver slammed on the brakes and I fought to hold onto a railing and got off the bus.

Back at the apt I informed Teresa of the upcoming Pricesmart delivery.

Teresa informed me that Kelley is coming about 3pm for another massage and I told her I would like a mini massage myself for my neck pain.

About 2:30 the muchacho showed up, handed me the Bisquick and strawberry preserves and I tipped him 10mil, which I’m sure he appreciated. It looks like Paypal screwed me on the transaction only giving me a CER of 3700 instead of the current 3900. I’ll have to try to remember to use my debit card in the future.

Kelley arrived just after 3pm and she gave me a short massage of my upper back, shoulders, and neck and the pain went away, but it soon came back. I took an Advil which helps a little with the pain.

I booked us for 10 nights, Superior Sea Front room, at the 4* Occidental Caribe all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana for $2008.96, half payable now, the other half payable when we arrive and I have to use the same (USAA) debit card. Good news they have free airport transfer.

I booked us for Avianca flights for $1005.80 and the flight leaves Medellin now at 11:20am instead of 8am. 😊 I selected our seats visually and noticed the seats are ordered alphabetically but strangely, ie, instead of A,B,C they are A, C, B on one side and stranger on the other.

I almost sent Bryan, our driver, a heads-up for a pickup but then I realized it’s 7 months away.

I watched another episode of The Good Fight.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment