Thursday, May 23, 2024

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

It’s nice to be able to take a warm shower again.

Teresa reminded me of her 3:30 dentist appointment. We’re going to have lunch first in El Tesoro so I’m guessing she’ll be squeezing some shopping in there somewhere.

I left the apt just before 9am and walked to Los Porteños where I had a latte while working on solving more mate in 2 problems. I left about 11am and on my way back to the apt I confirmed the small grocery store is closed permanently. Now I have only Ara (& Tienda D1) plus the small grocery across from Smartfit. And Mercado Madrid and Exito in Viva Envigado.

We left the apt at noon and took a Didi to El Tesoro mall. We had lunch in J&C Delicias and the total came to 131,220 pesos ($34). I recall the same lunch costing about 80mil+ earlier so we’ve definitely had some inflation lately. During lunch I shared a couple things with Teresa: 1) The ultrasound at my Urologist appointment and that my gall bladder, liver, and kidneys look good, 2) My idea when the rainy season ends that we stay 3 days at the Dann Carlton Belfort to work on our tans by the pool.

We went up to Dr. Rendon’s office where Teresa got her teeth cleaned for 230mil. We learned that their daughter (Catalina?) is graduating from high school and will spend the next 3 months in France, studying French. Pretty cool!

We went downstairs to Cedimed and at the entrance a young lady came in assisted by two other girls and she appeared to be wearing a hospital gown with some obvious abdominal injury with dried blood. No speculation here. I paid 130mil and we had a 30-minute wait for Teresa to go in back. She came out about 90 minutes later.

Walking down the stairs right behind Teresa I almost stepped on her skirt which would have probably caused her to fall. I warned her about that and she should probably pull up the back of her skirt when she walks down stairs wearing a long skirt or dress.

Teresa said she was hungry so we went to Valentina’s where we shared a chicken sandwich and we each had a latte. (A young lady at the next table was working on her laptop with her small dog calmly waiting under her table.) I had an infusion of caffeine at 6pm so this will be a good test if this affects my ability to fall sleep.

About 6:45 we walked past Starbucks and I was shocked to see no customers inside and the 3 workers were leaning on the counter looking out. After returning from a visit to our respective restrooms, Starbucks was busy again with at least 10 customers.

There was no wait for a taxi and I was unpleasantly surprised to see the Wood Burger restaurant I’ve always wanted to try is now a Rappidogs.

We were back at the apt by 7:15 for 18,200 pesos.

I’m winning my game in the middle game against ONEIPAMETATO1453 but losing my game against Troyclough.

No rain today which was nice.

I received a tracking email that my chess book arrived at JFK in New York.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment