Monday, May 20, 2024

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 3:30, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa told me she wants me to take her to breakfast in her amiga’s restaurant, Dos Sabores in Sao Paulo. I told her anytime except today because I already made plans with Glenn.

I had a mini shower in cold water this morning.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Sao Paulo and took a seat in Olivenza. Glenn with Bianca arrived right after I ordered my latte.

I brought him up-to-date on my week and he told me he finally received his new hearing aids. I asked him if he knew anything about making a will here and he said he would ask his friend Juan next time he sees him. In the meantime I should just write down my desires somewhere.

I left at 10:45 and googled Dos Sabores but I don’t see their hours.

I went across the street to a tienda that sells foreign products and bought a bottle of French’s Cattlemen’s Kansas City Classic BBQ Sauce for 14,500 pesos. I stopped at the corner market on the way back to the apt and bought 2 bags of milk.

Teresa was defrosting chicken so I guess I’m having lunch here.

I had a short nap after lunch, then left at 1:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled my old D battery and a plastic bottle then went upstairs to Cine Colombia. When ordering my ticket to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (7.3) the girl asked if I wanted to pay for it with my points. Sure, why not? It saved me 13,300 pesos and I still got a preferred seat upstairs in the front row. 😊 I got a free small Platinum popcorn and bought a small soda. I used Runpee app to tell me when I could make a quick trip to the restroom. I enjoyed the movie evidenced by the fact that the 2 ½ hours went by quickly. I especially enjoyed the ending wondering how future films will follow up on it.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

I couldn’t get a good TV signal without lots of buffering so I just gave up and turned it off.

I spent about an hour working on chess puzzles then started reading my new Jack Reacher book, actually #1 in the series.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS




No comments:

Post a Comment