Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, got up again at 5:45 to go to the bathroom, finally getting up at 6:15.

I got checkmated by ONEIPAMETATO1452 lowering my rating 11 points to 1577.

I left at 7:30 and took a Didi for 20,700 pesos to Unicentro mall arriving 5 minutes before the doors opened.

I took a seat at our usual table and Jose arrived a few minutes later. We each had an egg casserole and a latte for breakfast. I told Jose about our raffle winnings and my meeting with Juan Carlos. I informed him I’m planning on playing in the Flower Faire chess tournament in August but instead of running back and forth every day I’m going to rent a hotel room nearby.

We moved to the food court and to make a long story short I lost both games to Jose.

It was only 2:30 as I took a Didi for 16,000 pesos to Viva Envigado. (As we reached Envigado we continued in a light drizzle.)

I had the granola with yogurt, chia berries and fruit and a small latte in Pergamino. In the future I’ll try to remember not to sit in the back where the ceiling fans are as they dry out my eyes.

I texted IM Juan Carlos I wasn’t expecting private lessons like we did before but I would like some advice of what to work on. He suggested I do Laszlo Polgar’s chess problem.

That’s the book I have that’s 1,104 pages long and weights half a ton. Well, maybe a little less than that but it’s not going to be fun to lug around.

I left at 4pm, bought 8 ripe tomatoes in Exito and walked to MT’s apt. I called Teresa, she came out and we returned to the apt by taxi.

BOOK



I watched the news on CNN & MSNBC about the Trump trial.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment