Sunday, May 26, 2024

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, finally waking/getting up at 6am. What? I slept through the night? Yeah, I think so.

After a breakfast of pancakes with maple syrup (becoming a Saturday tradition), I went back to bed for a 30-minute nap. Teresa was just leaving as I got up.

I left the apt at 9am and right after I arrived in Parva a downpour started. I texted Glenn informing him we’re going to have breakfast tomorrow in DoSabores and he’s welcome to join us. He replied that he’ll go to Starbucks in Santafe mall if it isn’t raining. I completed a few more pages of chess puzzles. Teresa called me from La Bahia to make sure I had an umbrella (yes) and a jacket (no). The rain finally stopped at 10:15. I left at 11am and stopped in Ara where I bought a bag of milk, a “string?” of onions and half a dozen tomatoes. Back in the apt Teresa was unpacking some groceries from Ara including another “string” of onions. I must have just missed her. She said she needed to return to Ara because the 2 packages of chicken she had just bought were bad.

It's 11:30am and we’re back to sunny skies.

I checked Amazon and the last item, Teresa’s food thermos, is scheduled to arrive by 8pm tonight.

I used Booking.com to look for hotels near the Stadium for August 7-11. The only hotel nearby with a swimming pool (for Teresa to sunbathe) appears to be Hotel Boutique Deluxe Home (7.7) for $377 but it looks like its pool is indoors.

I left at 2:15 and walked to the mall. I recycled a plastic bottle then went up to Santa Leña, took a seat and asked for a menu. The waiter explained that all they have are drinks and desserts. I told him that would be fine and I ordered a latte with an orange and carrot muffin.



The muffin was on the small side and a little dry. I completed a couple more pages of chess puzzles and returned to the apt by taxi.

I watched another episode of The Good Fight.

Teresa was hedging about going to DoSabores for breakfast tomorrow but I told her this is her idea so we’re going.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment