Thursday, May 2, 2024

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, final waking/getting up at 6:30.

Today is a holiday here, it’s May Day!

After I got up I noticed 2 motorcycles with policemen pull up in front of Ara and look at it. I wondered if something happened but they soon left.

I see my SS & pension payment deposits are in their respective accounts. 😊

Teresa wants to go to Zara in El Tesoro but doesn’t know if it’s open. I certainly don’t want to go to El Tesoro just to see if it’s open.  I googled it and gave her the phone number so the ball is now in her court.

Well, it’s already been an interesting morning. Before I left for the gym Teresa asked me, 1. To pick up sugar and milk on my way back to the apt, 2. To find out if there are any gym classes this morning.

I left the apt at 8:45 and at Smartfit I went through the turnstile then asked the manager who happened to be at the front desk to talk to my wife and I called Teresa. They chatted and then ended the call and I don’t know if there is a class or not. I stepped a little further into the gym and someone said, “hello Mr. Terry”, it was Nobraskja. She’s been coming here for about a month now and I told her I have been on vacation the past few weeks.

I completed my workout sans treadmill and near the end of my routine Nobraskja came over and introduced me to her husband, Juan Carlos. He spoke English and I learned they live about 4 blocks south and she is usually here around 8:30 for her workout.

I finished my workout and went to Los Porteños. The café was busy because it was a holiday but I got the last table outside. I left my table early, about 10:15, mainly because I needed to use the restroom. I sat down on the toilet and the seat and cover (at least they were attached) slid off the bowl. It wasn’t secured to the toilet. I easily finished my business but the BM wouldn’t go down. I waited for the basin to fill again and used the brush next to the toilet pushed it down. I had to plunge it one more time then gave up and left.

I stopped at Ara and there was a long line with only two cashiers. I picked up a bag of sugar and two bags of milk and got in line. A third cashier opened and things went quicker, I paid for my three items and returned to the apt.

I used Booking.com to do a few searches for all-inclusive hotel stays for 2 for the 10 nights from December 23rd to January 2nd.

Aruba (5*): $10,097 & $10,100

Punta Cana: (5*): $3729 - $10,546.

Casa Verano, Santa Marta: no availability.

Dann Carlton, Medellin (both locations): no availability.

 

I did another search for 4* resorts and found:

Aruba: $9,729

Punta Cana: Occidental Caribe: $2,306 (only 5 rooms still available).

So, 10-nights for the above dates would cost, including $1057 for the Avianca flight, $3,363.

I communicated all this to Teresa in Colombian Pesos.

Now, Teresa says that if Wilson & Martha don’t want to go then we’ll go alone (possibly including MT).

I suggested Teresa talk to Wilson ASAP but we could still book our trip and if they decide later to come, and there is still a room available, I could book their room.

In the evening, I watched a couple more episodes of The Good Fight (8.3) on Medellin TV.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment