Thursday, May 16, 2024

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (it was raining), waking/getting up at 6am.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to Los PorteƱos where I put another peanut in the crook of the tree then had a latte while I started the mate in one puzzles.

Teresa called at 11am and suggested I go to Parva and buy a loaf of pan de maiz (corn bread) for garlic bread to go with the pasta she’s making. I paid for my latte and went around the corner to Parva but they didn’t have any. I stopped at Eduardo Madrid bakery but they didn’t have any either.

I returned to the apt and Teresa handed me the epm bill of 380,284 pesos ($97.50) and informed me that my 10am doctor’s appointment for tomorrow has been changed to 9am. Well, that spoils my plan of going to the burger place across the street for lunch.

Teresa informed me that Kelley will not be coming today.

I left the apt at 1:30 and walked to Otra Parte where I ordered a latte and took a seat at one of the umbrella tables. No sooner did the waitress bring my latte when it started raining. I was okay for about 2 sips then gave up as the rain got harder. I went upstairs to the library and took a seat at a long counter. I continued my mates-in-one for a while, noticed the rain had stopped then left at 3:30 and returned to the apt.

I turned on NFL Network at 7pm to see the NFL schedule release but they dragged it out and I didn’t see the Bears schedule until 9pm. They open the season September 8th at noon in Tennessee against the Titans. Btw, I finished eating my bag of peanuts.

I informed Teresa about my plan to play in the Flower Fair chess tournament August 7th – 11th and stay in a private room at The Wandering Paisa Hostel but she wasn’t interested in joining me.

I gave up reading the hard cover book Okay Fine Whatever by Courtenay Hameister and I downloaded a couple books to my Kindle.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment