Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Monday, September 14th, 2015



I got up 3 times during the night finally waking/getting up at 8:40am.

I removed my laptop from my chess table and spent the day going over my games from the Paul Keres chess tournaments and reading an old Chess Life magazine.  

Sometime in the afternoon Teresa reported that it’s 39 degrees (centigrade/celsius) in Medellin today.  I converted that to Fahrenheit and that’s 102 degrees.  No wonder I often feel like I’m going to melt when I move around under that sun.

I found the phone number for Notaria 31 in Laureles.  Teresa called them and I understood Martha, the lady who kept our records, won’t be available until Thursday.  She called Juan, the interpreter, but he can’t make it on Thursday so I guess we’ll take care of all that in a couple weeks upon my return.

About 6pm Teresa wanted to play dominoes.  I won the first 6 games and she accused me of not mixing the tiles properly before each game.  I had her do it and then she started to win as often as I.  We played for about 1mil a game and I paid her in Colombian pesos and she paid me in US change (50 cents each) that I can use for buses there.

I watched 1956’s The Man who knew too Much (7.5) starring Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day.

Tomorrow we are going to Itagui to see if my prostate biopsy results are ready.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:15 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment