Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 8am, finally getting up at 8:30.  Nice!

At 10am Teresa was washing the patio when she called me outside to show me an adult sized frog.  I caught it easily and put it in the patio garden.

We left the finca at 12:10, got past the killer dogs undetected, and were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  We got off at Mayorca CC, where I withdrew a few pesos and then we had lunch at Frisby.  We each had the Frischuleta and a soda for 38,800 (less than $13 total).

We stopped at a pharmacy where Teresa bought some skin cream for 64,161.  We stopped a store similar to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Teresa picked out 4 small stuffed pillows and a sachet for 43mil.  We stopped in a Velez (leather specialties) store where Teresa looked for a pair of sandals.  There were signs around that said “up to 50% discount” but it wasn’t until after she found a pair she liked that she asked and found out the discount for these must have been something less than 50%, she said they were too expensive, and we left.

We took a taxi to the Itagui ProLab laboratory at Calle 45 #49-02 where we picked up my prostate biopsy results.  I tried to read them but the only word I understood was “normal”.  That doesn’t mean that somewhere else there might be the word “abnormal” only I wouldn’t understand it.

We walked across the street where I printed out a number of pages that I had on my flashdrive about a chess opening.  A young lady there helped me print them in groups (instead of having to request each individual page) and I paid 13mil.  (When I got back to the finca I found I had missed 3 pages.)
We took a taxi to Exito where I bought 4 pairs of underwear and 3 pairs of socks for 62mil.  Teresa picked up some food and we took a taxi to the highway.  We were on an express bus after only a 5 minute wait and we had no problem finding seats.

Coming up the hill I saw Malu, whistled for her, she came running, she sat as soon as I said the word, and I rewarded her with a dog biscuit.  We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 5pm.

I watched 1958’s Vertigo (8.4) starring Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: We’re setting fire to our insides.

No comments:

Post a Comment