Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wednesday, September 16th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 5:30.  At 6am I heard Duelin’ Doggies – a barking contest between one or more terriers and a neighborhood dog.  I gave up at 6:30 and got up.

While waiting for the Today show to start at 9am I played a little Super Mario Bros. and finally got past the Choco Ghost House level.  Yay!  It was pretty easy once I figured out the trick.

I typed my biopsy results into google translate but it was too technical to understand what it means.  I’ll find out more in a few weeks when I meet with my Urologist.

I’ve been looking on Facebook for an old chess friend from Sears, Ruben Reyes.  Today I finally got the inspiration to look for his friend Tom Miller and right away I found a comment from Ruben to one of his pictures.  I sent a friend request to each of them.

It started raining about 1pm and stopped an hour and a half later.

Laura showed me her laptop power cord and the plug is coming apart from the cord.  I told her she always has to remove it from the wall by holding the plug not the cord.  It came with a 6 month warranty that expires in about 3 weeks but I don’t know if negligence by a 17-year old is covered.

Teresa asked me to pack my suitcase but I told her it’s too early.  It won’t take me long to pack on Friday morning.

I finished Bill Bryson’s 306 page A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail and downloaded Erik Larson’s 469 page Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness.  I really enjoyed the book about the Appalachian Trail.  It really gave me the itch to do it myself; although I know I’m too old and out of shape for something like that.  I’m looking forward to seeing the movie starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte which opened 2 weeks ago.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: See the beauty around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment