Sunday, September 13, 2015

Saturday, September 12th, 2015



I got up 3 times during the night.  At 9:10 I heard what sounded like the wheels of a wooden cart clunking down the path and the dogs were going crazy..  I looked out and Don Carlos had two large (6’ long) wood beams lashed to his horse.  They reminded me of undersized dugout canoes.  (I remember when we visited the fincas up the mountain  that Teresa saw a couple planters made of wood so I’m sure she asked Don Carlos to find a couple for her.)  He spent over an hour further hollowing one of them out with nothing but an axe.  He left and came back with a hammer and cold chisel that he used to shape it further over the next hour.  He shaped the bottom so it was more or less flat and then put it on the ledge of the porch, right under a large wasp’s nest.  I’m going to bring some wasp bomb back from the US so we can get rid of them.

Teresa found a piece of paper with two numbers written on it and she asked me what it was.  I told her it wasn’t mine.  She finally remembered what it was for and told me to keep the boxes from my sleeping pills.  I didn’t understand why until Laura wrote into the google translator that we can get free refills if we return the boxes.  I don’t understand why they would do that but I’ll save them.

Laura left at 11:45 for her English class.

Don Carlos finished the second planter at 12:30 and Teresa gave him 40mil (about $13) for his efforts.

I finished Jeffrey Archer’s 512 page Kane and Abel and downloaded Bill Bryson’s 306 page A Walk in the Woods.

I watched 1955’s The Trouble with Harry (7.2) starring John Forsythe and Shirley MacLaine, also Edmund Gwenn and Jerry Mathers (remember The Beaver?)  If you do, then you’re almost as old as I am.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment