Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday, September 21st, 2015



I went with my son Jim to his office where I was picked up by his mother – my ex-wife - Annette.  She took me to the Department of Motor Vehicles where I had no trouble renewing my drivers license and got the corrective lenses restriction removed.  Now I’m good for another 4 years.  Next we went to a Charles Schwab office but I wasn’t able to open a checking account because of my bankruptcy in 2011.  At Citibank I was able to change my physical address to Teresa’s mother’s apartment in Envigado.  (I decided that was easier than trying to explain that the only address I really have is 6 degrees north of the equator and 75 degrees west of Greenwich England.)  I also changed my mailing address to the USPS address of MBE in Miami.  I also added a $600 maximum daily withdrawal limit from ATMs and withdrew some cash and was surprised to see there was a $3 fee.

She dropped me off near Jim’s office and I walked around the area a bit.  I had a bowl of chili across the street at – Chili’s.  It wasn’t very good compared to what I get in Colombia.

I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts and had an apple friter and a cup of coffee.
I walked back to Jim’s school where Jim introduced me to some of his colleagues.

Back at his apartment we decided to see a movie and he drove to Cinemark in Evanston where we saw Pawn Sacrifice for about $30 including a medium popcorn and soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment