Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tuesday, September 8th, 2015



I got up once at 1am, again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8:40am.

I called USAA to ensure there wasn’t a problem with my ATM card because it was declined at Zara last Saturday.  There isn’t.  I also took the opportunity to inform them I would be in the US from Friday, September 18th through Saturday, September 26th.

A couple days ago we ran out of eggs.  About 1:30 Don Carlos showed up and Teresa told me we’re going up the hill to one of the other fincas to buy some eggs.  I changed into jeans and a t-shirt.  Teresa wanted me to wear a long sleeve shirt because of the bugs – NOT!  I did put on some insect spray and we set off just before 2pm.  Malu was with us and she kept the killer dogs from approaching.  I gave her the last 2 dog biscuits I had with me.

This was my first time up the hill from Teresa’s finca and I found there was a lot more mountain left.  We found about a dozen fincas, some permanently lived in that aren’t fancy, other fancier ones probably only used on weekends and holidays, and a couple under construction.  One new one was in the process of getting a stone floor, had a master bedroom with bath, another bedroom with bath and a 3rd bathroom.  I counted 7 light bulbs in the living room where we have only 1.

We stopped in at one nice finca and Teresa inquired about eggs but they didn’t have any.  What they did have was a German Shepherd with her 7 20-day old puppies.  They probably keep her busy – and tired.

On our way back down we ran into a young woman carrying a plastic bag full of groceries and Teresa told me she felt sorry for her because she lives so far up the mountain.

Halfway back we said goodbye to Don Carlos, we got past the killer dogs only after I threatened them with my pepper spray, and were back at the finca by 3:15.

There’s a new TV series called Fargo I’ve been wanting to see.  Somehow I saw the 2nd episode and I finally saw episode 6 tonight.  Each episode is repeated several times during the week but it always seems to be when one of Teresa’s favorite shows is on.  I think I’ve finally found my time to see it is Tuesday nights at 7pm.

I’ve been trading emails on Expat Exchange with a gringo visiting here named Lucas.  He’s going to meet us for lunch tomorrow at Carbón de Leña in Envigado. 

I watched 1950’s Strangers on a Train (8.1) starring Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, and Leo G. Carroll.  Interestingly, this movie was in black and white.  I knew color was just a fad.  Lol.  This was the first Alfred Hitchcock movie I really liked.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:15pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Smile like you mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment