Friday, September 11, 2015

Thursday, September 10th, 2015



I got up once in the middle of the night, and again about 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8:50am.

I called my pension companies and ordered a pension award letter from each.  It will probably take 3-4 weeks for them to arrive and I’ll keep them on file should I need them in the future.

Lucas informed me yesterday that Capital One has checking accounts with debit cards that do not charge a Foreign Transaction Fee.  I tried applying for a Capital One 360 checking account but they don’t accept a POB for an address.  (That’s my MBE address in Miami.)  I suppose I could use the address of my brother/son/daughter and maybe change it to a POB later but I think I’ll wait until I return from my trip to the States.

I played against Chess Magnet School’s computer for the first time only giving it 5 seconds per move.  I won but it was very close and I only won in the endgame.  I played again allowing it 10 seconds per move and I thought I had a win after sacrificing the exchange (rook for a bishop) but it recovered and I eventually lost.

I watched Dial M for Murder (8.2) starring Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, and Bob Cummings.  This is one of my favorite old movies – right up there with Twelve Angry Men.  This movie was in color, originally filmed in 3D, so maybe color won’t be a fad after all.  Lol.  I read a comment later that it was originally filmed in B & W and later colorized.

About 7:30 it started raining a little with thunder.  It was still raining a little when I went to bed.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:15 and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: There’s no way you woke up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment