Saturday, September 5, 2015

Thursday, September 3rd, 2015



I got up once about 4am, woke up at 7:45 and knew something wasn’t right.  I had peed in my shorts, probably from all the liquids I had drunk last night.  I’ll try not to let that happen again.

We left the finca at 8:15, the killer dogs didn’t come out until we were all the way up the hill, and right away we caught a bus to Caldas.  First Teresa stopped at what looked like an agricultural feed store and asked some questions about chickens.  Then we stopped at a government office across from the town square where she asked a question about the quarterly property tax bill.  I think they ended up reducing it by 1mil or something.

At Merkepaisa, while she was getting meat and vegetables, I picked up things I know we normally need and then checked back with her before I put it in the cart.  Today I noticed a package of corn on the cob had the word “chocolo” on it so maybe the word means “corn”.  The food cost this month was 467 mil and we then waited about 20 minutes for Walter to show up with his taxi.

Going up the hill in the taxi Walter couldn’t make progress at one point.  Teresa and I got out and found someone had filled a large bare spot with broken tiles.  It might look better but the tires just slip on them; better would be bare dirt.  Teresa called someone and then we both worked for a few minutes clearing a lot of them away.

We got back to the finca at 11:30 and I gave Walter 20mil for his help.

I forgot to mention when we were coming back from Medellin last Tuesday our bus was stopped, probably randomly, by the police.  A policeman came onboard and starting from the rear of the bus he looked in everybody’s backpacks and other large bags.  He didn’t look in our plastic bags with groceries and he didn’t find anything and thanked everyone before leaving.  Teresa said he was looking for drugs or weapons.

I finally was able to upload the pictures of the rat that the terriers killed so go back to last Saturday’s August 29th post if you want to see it.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to access Slingbox from both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I guess I’ll have to watch tonight’s Bears preseason game again from my iPad.

Teresa took a nap from 4pm to 5pm.

I took a little nap from 4:20 to 4:55.

I watched 1942’s Saboteur (7.2).

The Chicago Bears won their last preseason game against the Cleveland Browns 21-0.  I watched it on my iPad.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Let’s jump and dive and fly through the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment