Friday, September 18, 2015

Thursday, September 17th, 2015



I got up twice during the night finally waking up at 7am and getting up at 7:30.

Last night we were commenting on how cute 3 of the terriers looked all huddled together on the same blanket (Tony had his own).  This morning when it came time to feed the dogs Peter wasn’t around and Teresa was worried he might have followed Laura down to the highway this morning.  Finally, about 20 minutes late, he showed up.

Laura came back at 11:30 with the receipt for paying the Caldas tax.

We left the finca at 12:10 and the killer dogs heard us coming and came out to “greet” us.  At the highway we waited 10 minutes for a bus to El Poblado and then took a taxi to El Tesoro CC for 7mil.  On the way I realized I had forgotten my cell phone.  At Zara Teresa exchanged her jeans for – I don’t know what you call it – a pants dress?  While she was doing that I went downstairs to Carulla where I found an internet store where I printed a few more chess pages.

Teresa said she was hungry so we stopped at O-Cake where we each had a mango & banana juice and we shared what looked to me like a raspberry pastry.  Teresa didn’t like it – said it was too sweet – so I started to finish it when I found a hair in it.  I was willing to just eat around it but Teresa took it back and exchanged it for a chicken empanada which we shared.  While we were there I saw a rare sight – an obese man; there aren’t many here like there are in the US.

We took a taxi to Visitacion CC where Teresa had her hair appointment across the street at Pelequeria Gloria Balbin.  We got there at 3:30 but she didn’t finish until 6:30.  In the meantime I also got a haircut and read from my Nook.  It cost 130mil (about $44) for her haircut/dye job, my haircut, and her manicure and pedicure.

We walked across the street where we shared a Frischuleta at Frisby for 24,400.  I added 20mil to my cell phone and Teresa bought a few empanadas for Laura.

We waited about 15 minutes to catch a taxi to Aguacatala.  It was a new taxi and the driver said it cost $7000 (I’m not sure what exchange rate that’s based on).  At Aguacatala we waited about 10 minutes for a bus back to the finca.

There was only a sliver of a moon to guide us because I didn’t have my cell phone flashlight.  At least it was cool so I didn’t sweat going up and down the hill.  We got past the killer dogs undetected and arrived back at the finca at 8:30.

Teresa got my shirts together and I’ll finish packing tomorrow right after my shower.  She has to go to school with Laura early tomorrow but she should be back in time for us to leave for Medellin followed by the airport.  I had her call Walter and I understand he’ll pick us up at the top of the hill at 10:30.  My COPA flight is scheduled to leave at 3:30 so that should give us plenty of time to get there, check my bags, and then relax a little before the flight.

I set the alarm on my cell phone for 4am for Teresa and 8am for me.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: More issues than Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment