Saturday, August 17, 2019

Friday, August 16, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45.  I had some discomfort in my upper back and I just couldn’t find a comfortable position.  I got up and took a Dexibuprofen and went back to bed and 5 minutes later the pain went away and I was soon asleep.  I slept throught the night and woke/got up at 7:30.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I gave Marcos the June Reader’s Digest that I had finished reading.  I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.

I picked up a Gente newspaper from the portero.

Teresa called me at 12:05 just after I got out of the shower.  She wants me to meet her at her mother’s apt to meet her aunt then we’re going for lunch at La Bahia before going grocery shopping.
The temp was only 77 degrees and according to my Accuweather app that should be our high for the day so I put on jeans and a t-shirt.

I arrived at MT’s apt about 12:30 and right away understood that I was mistaken about some things.  MT’s 90 year old sister (tia) passed away and MT looked like she just woke up.  Teresa and I went to La Bahia where we had a nice lunch for 25,500 pesos.

Jose Cruz called and he asked for my advice regarding the best ATM to use and how to call the US.  He also mentioned that in the past tournament a 1600+ rated player with the Black pieces defeated a 2000+ rated player in 7 moves.  I have to see that.

We went across the street to Exito where we quickly caught a taxi to Mayorista.  I helped Teresa find a few things then I made a trip to the restroom and went outside for a café con leche.  After awhile Esmeralda arrived, she went inside to find Teresa and it started raining lightly.  A breeze soon carried the rain a little too close so I went inside also.  The rain soon stopped and I went back outside.  Teresa soon was at the checkout counter and I paid for the groceries and an effectivo car took us back to the apt for 10mil.

Teresa said something about Esmeralda and MT and Avenida Ochenta and I reminded her I have a football game tonight at 6:30.  I think I got out of that.

About 4:15 it started raining again but it didn’t last long.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, Fast & Furious and Crawl (6.6) are playing in Viva Envigado but only dubbed in Spanish.  The Art of Racing in the Rain (7.3) might be a possibility because it’s only playing at 8:55pm, a showtime Teresa seems to love.  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (8.3) is playing at 5:40 and 9pm. 

Teresa left to get her hair done but a couple hours later she returned without any work having been done on her hair.  I think she got some eye makeup done, however.

I watched the Bears lose to the NY Giants.  Oh well, it's only preseason and few of the starters are playing.

I had Whatsapped Jose Cruz with the cellphone number he had given me years ago on a business card.  I got no response so I sent him an email.  He answered but a different phone number showed up as +1 meaining it was a USA number.  We traded texts and chatted and I understand he thought Tigo/Une put a new Colombian Sim card in his phone after he arrived in Colombia.  I told him he’d better check that out with Tigo/Une.  I finally concluded that it is possible he has 2 Sim cards in his phone but he doesn’t have them “directed” to the correct service.

I went to bed at 11pm and Teresa was still waiting to hear from Wilson with whom she was supposed to go to the cemetery.
8,031 steps today.

Joke of the day
Four guys have been going on the same fishing trip for many years. A few days before the group’s annual departure date, John’s wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn’t going. John’s fishing buddies are very upset that he can’t go, but what can they do?
Two days later the three get to the camping site to find John sitting there with his tent set up, firewood gathered, dinner cooking on the fire, and drinking a cold beer.
“Heck John, how long you been here, and how did you talk your missus into letting you go?”
“Well, I’ve been here since last night. Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my recliner when my wife came up behind me, put her hands over my eyes, and asked, “Guess who?”
I pulled her hands off, and there she was, wearing a nightie.
She took my hand and pulled me into the bedroom, where she’d lit candles and put rose petals all over the place, looked like something out of a movie. 
Well, she’s been reading 50 Shades of Grey or something. On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did.
And then she said, ‘Honey, you can do whatever you want.’
So, boys, here I am!”

No comments:

Post a Comment