Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tuesday, August 20, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1:30, gave up falling back asleep at 3:30 so I took another Zopiclona sleeping pill and was soon fast asleep waking/getting up at 7am.

Last night I checked my cellphone battery and it was at 38%.  
When I got up it was 34% so that wasn’t a large loss considering it wasn’t really shut down all the way.

I left the apt at 8:30 and Jose and I met at Habia Una Vez.  I led him to the back to Todo Fresa where we had coffee and talked Sim cards and chess.

We went upstairs to the food court where I asked for the Black pieces so I could practice the Sicilian Defense.  I lost in a short 19-move game.

He showed me the game where a 1600 beat a 2000 when the latter left his queen hanging on the 6th move.

We played over my tournament games and then we had lunch.

In our 2nd game I held off his attack and in the endgame I have a rook to his bishop but it still looks drawish.  He had to leave for a doctor’s appointment so I took a photo of the position and we’ll continue it later.

I went downstairs and had a cafĂ© con leche in Cine Colombia.  I also bought 2 tickets to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for 9pm tomorrow night.  Teresa called me and reported that she was going to get her nails done.

I left the mall about 4:15 and returned to the apt, picking up a couple bags of milk at Exito on the way.  While waiting in line what did I see but Play-Doh.  I bought one in the lightest color I could find – yellow.

I hope no one reading this is too squeamish.  Remember a few months back when I picked a “birthmark” off of my leg.  The other one seemed very dry and I picked half of it off a couple days ago and showed it to Teresa.  I got the expected response of “don’t scratch it”.  Yesterday I picked the rest of it off and underneath is smooth skin with just a little shadow of the original “birthmark”.

I completed the crossword puzzle in The Week.  It took me about a week.  Back in the States for a few years I did one every day in the local newspaper.

We heard from Laura.  Seems she has a baby sitting job in Maine in what looks like a beautiful house.  Good for her!

5,839 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man in his mid-forties bought a new BMW and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to see what the engine had.
As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him. “There’s no way they can catch a BMW,” he thought to himself and opened her up further.
The needle hit 90, then 100, and finally reality hit him and he knew he shouldn’t run from the police, so he slowed down and pulled over.
The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car.
“It’s been a long day, this is the end of my shift and it’s Friday the 13th. I don’t feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven’t heard before, you can go.”
The guy thinks for a second and says: “Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back.
“Have a nice weekend,” said the officer, and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment