Friday, August 30, 2019

Wednesday, August 28, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, woke up once at 3:45, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

My back was feeling pretty good this morning.  I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  Because of the discomfort in my left shoulder and right knee I skipped a lot of exercises this morning.  I was back at the apt about an hour after I had left.

Teresa returned just before noon.

After lunch I tried to take a nap but gave up after 30 minutes.

I left the apt about 1:30 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche.  About 90 minutes later I called Teresa for her order and bought 2 pastels de guayaba to go.  I stopped in Eduardo Madrid where I bought 2 English muffins.  I was back at the apt by 3:15.

We set up the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with fresh sheets, pillow cases, etc.

At 5:15 I changed into jeans and a t-shirt and left the apt.

My daughter Jeannie and her friend JoAnn arrive tonight at the RioNegro airport.  I’ll probably be busy with them for the next few days so my blog postings might be short and/or spotty.

It was a 5 minute wait for a Sabaneta bus and I was at San Diego mall waiting for an airport bus by 6pm.  The bus arrived 15 minutes later and we left by 6:25.  We arrived at the airport at 7:10.

First I checked the ATMs then the Arrivals board awhere I found their flight to be expected in at 9:20.

I went up to J&C Delicias where I had a chicken vegetable arepa that turned out to be beef with lots of mushrooms.  I also had a fresh mango juice.

I completed my Duolingo lesson for the day.

I got a text from Jeannie that their flight was delayed 2 hours and they were just boarding now.

I notified Leonardo but he already new.  The airport was cold and other than the restroom the only warm spot was right outside the Arrivals area.  I bought a café con leche and soon found a seat.  It was a long wait.  Leonardo texted me he was outside and he soon came in.  He was wearing a cool jacket with lots of Apollo 11 patches.  Jeannie and JoAnn finally came out at 12:30am.  (I had been at the airport for 5 ½ hours.)

Jeannie withdrew 300,000 pesos from a BBVA ATM but for some reason JoAnn’s didn’t work.

We walked out into the cold to the parking lot where Leonardo had his car parked. It was about a 50-minute drive on what he said was a new road to Envigado.

The ladies chose their room and we went to bed at 1:30am.

5,915 steps today.

Joke of the day
One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."
"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there eating grass under that tree."
"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the second poor man he stated, "You may come with us, also." The other man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "but sir, I also have a wife and six children with me!"
"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.
They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine. Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."
The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

No comments:

Post a Comment