Monday, August 19, 2019

Sunday, August 18, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Since last Thursday, August 15th I’ve only been taking one Dexibuprofen (in the morning) and that seem to be working pretty well for me.

I considered taking an Excedrin but ended up just taking one with me.  (Luckily I didn’t need it.)  I left the apt just after 9:30 and while walking up the sidewalk I came upon a mother and her 2 young children with their large black furry dog.  He was standing sideways blocking the entire sidewalk but he didn’t appear threatening at all.  I patted him on his rump and he turned around and jumped on me so his head was almost at my height and started licking my neck.  I let him lick me for awhile and finally he got down and let me pass.  Lol.

I walked to El Poblado and walked a block past Starbucks to Office Depot where I had printed 2 pages of chess notes and my September receipt from Envios Market that Nobraskja emailed me for 450 pesos.

In Starbucks I ordered my usual small cold café mocha blanco for 10,100 pesos and took a seat outside close to 2 gringas.  Later when one of them left for a minute I started talking to the other.  The one that had left is from Ireland and the one I was talking to was from Croatia.  They are both visiting here for the first time.  (Btw, Starbucks now prints their wifi password, an 11-digit number, on your purchase receipt.)

After about 40 minutes I walked back to Envigado.

Teresa informed me that she’s taking her mother to San Diego mall this afternoon.  She says they’re tired of always going to the same malls – Viva Envigado and Santa Fe.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to the mall.  First I printed a couple pages of chess note at Auros.  I had the bright idea to try a shortcut to Home Center.  I went to the back of Exito and walked out the parking garage exit.  I turned and headed in the direction of the mall.  Chuck called me and informed me that with great difficulty they have paid for and moved into their new house.  The walk to the mall was longer than I thought and I found that I was in the 1st basement level and had to take an escalator which brought me next to Dogger on the 1st floor.

I bought a fan for the 2nd bedroom at Home Center for 199,900 ($58).

I went to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and an almond croissant.

I went to Cine Colombia but it was just too warm (body heat?) so I returned to the apt.

I returned to the apt just before 5pm and Teresa left just after.  She was meeting MT in the porteria and they were going shopping in San Diego mall.

I watched Season 8, episode 13 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

Teresa returned at 8:45 just in time for her 9pm program – Septimo Dia.

15,562 steps today.

Joke of the day
A blonde goes into a store and sees a shiny object on the shelf. 
She asks the clerk, "What is that shiny object?" 
The clerk replies, "That is a thermos." 
The blonde then asks, "What does it do?" 
The clerk responds, "It keeps hot things hot and it keeps cold things cold." 
The blonde says, "Oh! I could use something like that!! I'll take it!" 
The next day, as she walks into work with her new thermos she spots her boss and shows off her shiny new thermos, "I just got this yesterday, isn't it wonderful! It's a thermos and it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold!" 
The boss asks, "And what do you have in it?" 
The blonde replies, "Some coffee and a popsicle."

No comments:

Post a Comment