Thursday, August 1, 2019

Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Well, it’s the last day of July already.  Where does time fly to?

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, woke up briefly sometime before dawn, quickly fell back asleep, and was finally awakened by the single blast of a car horn just before 7am.  Sigh!

Tomorrow I will spend part of the morning waiting in Bacolombia to pay my bills for the month.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I talked for awhile with 68-year old Marcos.  After his gym workouts he says he is bedridden for 3 hours.  I told him that’s not good.  After talking with me, another gringo, and Juan Carlos from the gym he decided to cut back on his treadmill run from 45 minutes to 30 minutes.  I recommended he go in the other direction, start with 15 minutes and after a couple weeks if he still feels good increase the time a little.  I completed all my exercises in about 90 minutes.

After her gym workout Teresa went for coffee with a couple friends.  When I returned to the apt I found she had brought me a pastry from Parva bakery/café.  I told her she needs to delay lunch then.

We took a nap and I made one big mistake.  I quickly fell asleep but on my stomach which I almost never do.  When I woke up an hour later I struggled to get out of bed.  My back was so sore I immediately took half an Excedrin.  It took about 15 minutes for the medicine to kick in and feel better.

The first of the month I usually pay the Direct TV bill. I checked my notes and last month I paid 184 mil and according to the rep Teresa talked to it should be 151mil this month but I am supposed to get a bill.  I asked Teresa “Cuando tu ir por favor pregunta el portero…”.  I didn’t get any further when she told me she had a bill.  She gave me the Direct TV bill and it was only for 125,105 pesos.  Why the difference?  I have no idea and Teresa just said be happy that it’s lower.

I have a little discomfort in my left rotator cuff but interestingly it doesn’t bother me when I do my gym exercises.

Teresa left at 3:45 to take her mother shopping in Santafe mall.  I left a few minutes later for La Buena Mesa.  I ordered a small café con leche at Parva for 3mil.  I guess I should have also said “latte” because when it arrived it was very strong.  I completed another hour of chess tactics while sitting outside in the shade enjoying the fresh air.

I was back at the apt by 6pm.

I watched the 2nd night of the Democratic debates.

6,015 steps today. 

Joke of the day
A blonde goes to a restaurant, buys a coffee and sits down to drink it.
She looks on the side of her cup and finds a peel off prize.
She pulls off the tab and yells, 'I WON! I WON! I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!'
The waitress runs over and says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize being given away was a minivan!"
The not-very-intelligent young lady replies, "No. I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"
By this time the manager makes his way over to the table and says, "You couldn't possibly have won a motor home because we didn't have that as a prize!"
Again the not-very-intelligent young lady says, "No, no mistake, I WON a motor home, I WON a motor home!"
The not very intelligent young lady hands the prize ticket to the manager.
It read: "WIN A BAGEL."

No comments:

Post a Comment