Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wednesday, August 21, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, quickly fell asleep, got up once, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

No gym today as Teresa has an 11am appointment with a dermatologist.  We left the apt at 10:15 and arrived at the clinic by 10:45.  She finally was taken at 11:50 and didn’t come out until just after 12:30 but I understand she was happy with the doctor and the treatment.

We had lunch in the building’s cafeteria.  While in line with our trays they put a piece of chicken on my plate.  I put it on my tray and Teresa said they have to put salad on my plate and in handing back the plate the chicken slid off the plate and onto the floor.  LOL.

After lunch we took a taxi to El Tesoro where Teresa spent some time checking out clothes in Zara.  Then she bought some shampoo that was recommended by the dermatologist.

We had ice cream in Mimo’s and then Teresa told me she wanted to return or exchange the shampoo.  I wasn’t sure if she wanted to exchange it for shampoo/conditioner or buy the shampoo somewhere else.  I was working on a Duolingo lesson so she went back to the pharmacy alone.  When she returned she didn’t give me back any money so either she kep the original shampoo or exchanged it for shampoo/conditioner.  In either case it was in her purse and I didn’t ask to see it.

We took a taxi back to the apt.  The young driver soon turned on the A/C and put on 106.9 the American music station.

I tipped him 2mil when we got out at the apt.

Teresa told me that MT wants me to call the US and talk to the woman that she used to work for/live with.  The first phone number I was given was only 9 digits.  The second was 10 digits but I got no answer.  The third number I got voice mail and left a message.  Supposedly, the lady I’m trying to reach, Maria Teresa, speaks Spanish.  Could it be that great of a coincidence that she has the same name as MT?

We tried taking a nap from 5 to 6pm but really only rested a bit for the late movie tonight.

We left the apt at 8pm and walked to the mall.  I first stopped at an ATM and made a withdrawal.  In Cine Colombia Teresa used my cellphone to talk to Laura.  I understand she’s taking care of 4 and 5-year old girls in a beautiful home in Beverly, Massachusetts.

We bought a small popcorn and small sodas and went in to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (8.2).  It was a great movie, although an hour and 40 minutes long, with lots of stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Bruce Dern, Damian Lewis, Kurt Russell and more.  Based on common knowledge the plot appears to be following history but at the end it swerves off in an unexpected direction.

We left just a couple minutes after midnight, I swallowed half a melatonin dry and we took a taxi back to the apt.

I read my book for about 20 minutes and went to bed at 12:55am.

5,614 steps today.

Joke of the day
After checking an elderly couple, the doctor tells them that they were physically okay but might want to start writing things down and make notes to help them remember things, as their memory is getting worse. The couple thanked the doctor and left. 
A few days later, while watching TV, the old man got up from his chair and his wife asks, "Where are you going?" 
He replies, "To the kitchen." 
She asks, "Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?" 
He replies, "Sure." 
She then asks him, "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" 
He says, "No, I can remember that." 
She then says, "Well, I also would like some strawberries on top. You had better write that down cause I know you'll forget that." 
He says, "I can remember that, you want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries." 
She replies, "Well, I also would like whip cream on top. I know you will forget that so you better write it down." 
With irritation in his voice, he says, "I don't need to write that down, I can remember that." He then fumes into the kitchen. 
After about 20 minutes he returns from the kitchen and hands her a plate of bacon and eggs. 
"You see?!?" his wife yells at him in rage, "You forgot the onions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment