Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday, August 30, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up once at 7am, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

Teresa and Jeannie left early (8:30am?) for a yoga class at the Envigado Smartfit.

I had a bowl of granola and when JoAnn got up she had a bowl of Fitness cereal.

When Teresa and Jeannie returned I found out that they had breakfast at Carbon de Leña.  In their exercise class they found a lady that spoke English that helped Jeannie.  As they were returning to the apt they ran into Oscar (Jorge).

Jeannie, JoAnn and I left the apt about 11am.  We walked to the mall where I showed them around.  (I got the idea that I might be able to watch Bears games at Sport Wings.  Then again, it would probably be in Spanish.)  They were impressed.  We walked to Afrosoul where JoAnn and I bought t-shirts.  We stopped at Bocados Bar on the way back and I introduced them to Wilson and Martha.

Back at the apt Teresa declined to join us for lunch.  Jeannie wanted to try Bandeja Paisa but Teresa convinced me that Asados Rogelio would already be closed for lunch.  She suggested we try the restaurant next to Otra Parte.  It was only a 5-minute walk.  I ordered Caesar Salad, Jeannie ordered a Cobb salad and JoAnn only had coffee.  I found Chuck walking down the street from downtown Envigado.  He joined us for awhile and then we went to Parva for coffee.  (At the next table we found a man from Chicago.)  Chuck returned home and I showed the ladies Eduardo Madrid bakery on the way back to the apt.

We all took a taxi to Poblado and we dropped Teresa off at Santafe mall.

The driver took us to their AirBnB on Carrera 35 which is less than a block from Mu restaurant.  It’s a nice little apartment just south and east of Parque Lleras.  I walked them to and around the park. 
Back at the apt I said goodbye as they had 7pm reservations at El Cielo.

I quickly caught a taxi to Santafe mall and I met Teresa at Zara.
After awhile she bought a pair of leggings for the gym and we went upstairs to J&C Delicias for dinner.  We were back at the apt by 8:45.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, I would like to see Fast & Furious (6.8) only playing at 9:40pm.

15,398 steps today.

Joke of the day
A woman goes to the doctor, worried about her husband’s temper.
The doctor says, “What’s the problem?”
The woman says, “Doctor I don’t know what to do.  Every day my husband seems to lose his temper for no reason.  It scares me.”
The doctor says, “I have a cure for that.  When it seems that your husband is getting angry, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth.  Just swish and swish but don’t swallow it until he either leaves the room or calms down.”
Two weeks later the woman comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.
The woman says, “Doctor that was a brilliant idea!  Every time my husband started losing it, I swished with water.  I swished and swished and he calmed right down!  How does a glass of water do that?”
The doctor says, “The water itself does nothing.  It’s keeping your mouth shut that does the trick.”

No comments:

Post a Comment