Sunday, August 25, 2019

Saturday, August 24, 2019


Last night I went to bed just before midnight, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 6:15.  I got up and had a little water and returned to bed.  Before I knew it it was 8:15 so I got up.

I took half an Excedrin and left the apt at 10am.  Outside Smartfit there was about a 5-10 minute wait for a bus.  I got off at Calle 7 and walked up to Cedimed where I withdrew a number of 20s from their ATM.  I walked to Envios Market where I found Nobraskja and she gave me 3 envelopes (junk mail) and a small package (4mil) which are the 5 ecological bags I bought on July 5th.  I’m pretty sure the package got lost somewhere on the way.

Outside I caught an Envigado bus and got off by the Esso gas station.  It was then just a block walk to Parva.

I had a café con leche and settled down to do some reading.  
Chuck, unexpectedly, joined m about 20 minutes later.  He was on his way to Home Center and took a slight detour to see if I was here.  At one point I bought a kilo of strawberries from a young street salesman for 12mil.

We chatted for about 45 minutes and then he continued on to the mall and I returned to the apt.

After lunch Teresa informed me that she didn’t want to go to Pricesmart today – too hot and too many people.  She asked me to to without her.  All she wants is 2 cases of almond milk and a container of blueberries.  I tried calling Chuck to see if he wanted to go with me but there was no answer.

I finally reached chuck and we agreed to meet at Otra Parte at 4:30 and take a taxi to Pricesmart from there.

I left the apt at 4:15 and Chuck soon arrived with his stepson.  We took a taxi to PriceSmart where I picked up 2 cases of almond milk for Teresa and a container of blueberries and, surprisingly, a container of Planters Crunchy Peanut Butter for 150,400.  Chuck renewed his membership for 90mil and bought a few things and we each had a slice of pizza and soda in their food court.  I checked my notes and discovered the Bears game that I thought started at 7pm actually starts at 6pm.  We left and I was back at the apt by 6:20.

I watched the Chicago Bears preseason game vs the Indianapolis Colts.

7,024 steps today.

Joke of the day
One day Mrs. Jones went to have a talk with the minister at her local church.  “Reverend”, she said, “I have a problem – my husband keeps falling asleep during your sermons.  It’s very embarrassing.  What should I do?”
“I have an idea,” said the minister.  “Take this hatpin with you.  I will be able to tell when Mr. Jones is sleeping, and I will motion to you at specific times.  When I nod, you give him a good poke in the leg with the pin.”
In church the following Sunday, Mr. Jones dozed off.  Noticing this, the preacher put his plan to work.  “And who made the ultimate sacrifice for you?” he said, nodding to Mrs. Jones.
“Jesus!”, Jones cried as his wife jabbed him in the leg with a hatpin.
“Yes, you are right, Mr. Jones,” said the minister.
Soon Mr. Jones nodded off again.
Again, the minister noticed.  “Who is your redeemer?” he asked the congregation, motioning towards Mrs. Jones.
“God!” Mr. Jones cried out as he was poked again with the hatpin.
“Right again,” said the minister, smiling. 
Before long Mr. Jones was asleep again.  However, this time the minister didn’t notice.
As he picked up the tempo of his sermon, he made a few motions that Mrs. Jones mistook as signals to bayonet her husband with the hatpin again.
The minister asked, “And what did Eve say to Adam after she bore him his 99th son?”
Mrs. Jones poked her husband who yelled, “You stick that goddamned thing in me one more time and I’ll break it in half and shove it up your ass.”
“Amen,” replied the congregation.

No comments:

Post a Comment