Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Tuesday, August 27, 2019



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, took a little while to fall asleep, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I finally got up just before 6am.

(I usually sleep on my left side but because of my sore shoulder I couldn’t find a comfortable position there so I had to sleep on my right side.)

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall.  Jose had already arrived and had breakfast at a neighboring café.  I had the combo breakfast at Habia Una Vez for 10mil.

We went upstairs to the food court where we finished our adjourned game from last week.  I explained why I thought it was a draw and we agreed to a draw.  Then he took my side and showed me how to win.  Yikes!

I had White in the first game and I got a good attack going but he counter attacked and even though I managed to hold him off I lost on time.

For lunch he had a burger and I had a large Subway sandwich and a bottle of water.

In the 2nd game I had the Black pieces and again I was placing pressure on his king when he used a tactic which gave him a winning advantage.

We finished at 3pm, he left and I went down to Cine Colombia to cool off.  In time I had a café con leche from Juan Valdez while I completed today’s Duolingo lesson.

I left at 4:30 and picked up a couple bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

5,706 steps today.

Joke of the day
On day a man complained to his friend: I have a headache.  “I guess I should see a doctor.”
His friend said, “Don’t do that.  There’s a computer at the drug store that can diagnose anything quicker and cheaper than a doctor.”  “Simply tell it your problem, put in a sample of your urine, and the computer will diagnose it and tell you what you can do about your problem.  It only costs $20.”
The man filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the drug store.  Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $20.
The computer started making some noise and various lights started flashing.  After a brief pause, the following text appeared on the computer’s screen: “You have migraines.  You need to take better care of yourself.  Get more rest, drink more water, avoid bright lights, and stress.  See me again in 2 weeks.”
During the next 2 weeks, while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical services forever, he began to wonder if it could be fooled.
He decided to give it a try.
He mixed together some tap water, a urine sample from his dog, urine samples from his wife and daughter, and some oil from his car.
He went back to the drug store, poured in the sample and deposited the $20, again stating that he had a bad headache.
The machine again made the usual noises, flashed lights, and displayed the following analysis: your tap water has too much iron in it, your dog has worms, your teenage daughter is pregnant, your wife has had 5 different lovers in the last 6 months and your car needs a new radiator.  No wonder you have a headache!

2 comments:

  1. BINGO! Another never-before-heard joke for me. I should start an anthology, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete