Sunday, August 4, 2019

Saturday, August 3, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, fell back asleep quickly each time finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Four days to the start of the chess tournament.

I left the apt at 9:45 and met Chuck outside Otra Parte.  We walked across the street where we caught a taxi to Envios Market.  I picked up my mail (another Capital One credit card offer; I already froze my credit, what else does Capital One want me to do?  LOL) and Chuck set up an account with them.  Now he can change his address with his credit card company and they can send his new card to him in Medellin.

We walked to Cedimed where I tried to withdraw from their ATM but the machine wasn’t working.  Drat!

We took a taxi up to Parque Lleras.  We asked the driver to take us to Pergamino café and he dropped us off at a different location 2 blocks on the other side of Calle 10A – appr. Carrera 37 #10B-20.  (It was almost next to Fellini restaurant that I visited once some time ago.)  It was still nice, there were table available and in a shady area so we had coffee on their outside patio.

We walked a couple blocks to the original Pergamino we had in mind at Carrera 37 #8A-37.  (On that street we noticed quite an MP presence all carrying shotguns.)  The cafe was quite busy and we initially had to sit at a counter that separates the outside patio from the inside.  We soon got to move to an outside table.

We had coffee and it appeared we were surrounded by gringos as we heard lots of English.

We walked to the park proper where we saw and heard a motorcycle parade go by.

We had lunch at The Greek Connection at Carrera 38 #8A-32.  We each had the gyro sandwich which was pretty good although not in the pita style bread I’m accustomed to.  For dessert we shared a slice of baklava that was pretty authentic.

We took a taxi back to La Buena Mesa where we got out at Parva Bakery House at Carrera 44A #31Sur-36 where he had his usual café americano and I had my usual café con leche.

When we said goodbye about 3pm I bought a pastel de guayaba for Teresa and stopped at Exito for milk on the way back to the apt.  I returned just as it started raining.  I hope Chuck made it back without getting wet.

Teresa and I took a 30 minute nap in the afternoon.

We decided tomorrow we would take MT to the flower fair in El Jardin de Botanico.

In the evening the portero brought our Une bill to our door.

At 8pm Direct TV had the premier showing of Bohemian Rhapsody.  Teresa was watching something else at that time but half an hour later she gave up on her program and I switched.  I only missed the first 30 minutes but still heard most of the musical parts.

7,098 steps today. 

Joke of the day
Some women are gathered together and the subject of conversation turns to sex and then birth control. The first woman says "We're Catholic so we can't use it." 
The next woman says "I am too but we use the rhythm method."
The third woman says "We use the bucket and saucer method." 
“What the heck is the bucket and saucer method?" the others ask. 
"Well, I'm five foot eleven... and my husband is five foot two. We make love standing up with him standing on a bucket, and when his eyes get big as saucers I kick the bucket out from under him." 

No comments:

Post a Comment