Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Monday, August 26, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, took quite a while (an hour?) to fall asleep, got up once during the night, again about 5am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa left at 6:45 for an early morning gym class.

Since I got up so early my back was feeling pretty good by 9am.  
Then I made the mistake of sitting on the couch for 5 minutes and when I got up it was sore again.  I took half an Excedrin and left the apt.  About a block from SmartFit my back was feeling better again.  Marcos was there and he invited me to his birthday party on Saturday, September 14th.  Again I skipped the shoulder press exercise but I completed all the others in about 80 minutes.

Back at the apt Teresa called me and we made plans to meet at Asados Rogelio for lunch at 12:30.

Teresa called me just after noon and informed me that she was in the Envigado Exito buying an umbrella and she would call me when she arrives at the restaurant.

She called me about 12:45, I changed into shorts and t-shirt and I met her at the restaurant where we had the menu of the day for 17mil.

She returned to the apt and I walked to the mall.

I went upstairs to Mr. Kutz where I found the owner Jose.  I told him my daughter is visiting for the first time this week  so I wanted just a light trim.  Towards the end of my haircut the barber put this machine next to me which blew warm mist on me.  (I was already warm so I didn’t need anything else warm.)  At the end of that procedure it turned cool which felt pretty nice.  We went to a sink where I sat in a reclining chair and he washed, rinsed and dried my hair.  When he finished I found my back had stiffened and I had to struggle to get out of the chair.  I paid the 25mil and took an elevator down to the 1st floor.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa.

I had gotten a warning from my cellphone that my battery was low but it told me I had enough power to last me 4 more hours so I estimated I was good until 8pm.

A little later I had another café con leche and an almond croissant.

Teresa called me several times and finally joined me about 5pm.

She had a strawberry juice and an almond cookie.  My battery soon died and I entered boredom land.  She was talking to someone on her phone when suddenly its flashlight came on.  After her call I tried to turn it off but it seemed like that icon was missing.  Teresa showed it to the waitress and she finally found the “editar” button which brought up additional icons and she was able to shut it off.
I excused myself and made a quick trip to Exito where I bought a bottle of Aunt Jemima maple syrup.

We left about 6:45 and walked back to the apt.  Walking up the hill suddenly I felt a pain in my right knee.  It felt like I twisted it somehow although I wasn’t conscious of doing that.

We stopped at our neighborhood Exito and picked up a container of eggs.

The Colombian Peso is over 3,400 per US Dollar, only the 2nd time in my 6 ½ years here that it’s been this high.

10,435 steps today.

Joke of the day
After driving for about six hours, a trucker decides to pull over and sleep for a little while. As soon as he falls asleep, he is awoken by some knocks on the door of the cab. 
"Can you tell me the time, please?" asks a jogger. 
"Yeah, it's 4:30," answers the trucker. He falls asleep again, but he is awoken again by another jogger who wants to know the time. 
"It's 4:40!" yells the trucker. Deciding to really try to sleep a little, he writes on a piece of paper: I DON'T KNOW THE TIME. He sticks the paper in his windshield. 
But he is awoken again. 'It's 5:25!" another jogger yells at him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment