Saturday, August 24, 2019

Friday, August 23, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up briefly once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I took a Dexibuprofen this morning since I was planning on going to the gym.

Opening this week in the US the movies I would like to see are Ready or Not (7.3), Angel has Fallen (6.9), and Fiddler: A Miracle of Miracles (5.5).

Locally, Rapidos & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw is playing at 9:05pm, Angel Has Fallen is playing at 7pm, and Ready or Not is playing at 9:30pm.

I showed Teresa the trailer for Ready or Not, she really liked it so I think we’re going to see it tonight.  After lunch I’ll go to the mall and see if I can buy tickets.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show, took half an Excedrin and left for the gym.  I’ve been experiencing a little discomfort in my left shoulder so I cut my shoulder press exercise short today.  I completed all but one of my exercises in about 80 minutes.

When I returned to the apt Teresa was still out so I put Play-Doh under the “round thingy” by the toilet pipe and now it just makes a low buzzing sound instead of the loud rattling so I consider it fixed.

Teresa talked to her mother and I understand MT will go with her to her doctor’s appointment and I will buy tickets for tonight’s movie and then go for coffee.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to the mall.  First I recycled a pill bottle and received a 4mil discount coupon for Sarku’s.  I went down to Cine Colombia where I bought 2 preferred seats for tonight’s premier of Ready or Not for 25,000 pesos ($8).

I went down to Toda Fresa where I had a cafĂ© con leche while completing my Duolingo lesson and I read some chess notes.  Alan stopped by briefly and asked me if Chuck moved into his apt.  I replied in the affirmative and mentioned that I saw it yesterday.

I left about 4:30 and picked up a couple bags of milk at Exito on my way back to the apt.

Teresa called me at 6:30 and they are in Santafe mall but we’re going to meet at 7:30 in Viva Envigado and have something to eat before the movie.

I grabbed jackets for each of us, filled my thermos with water and left the apt at 7:15 and met Teresa and MT at the entrance to the mall.  We went to a clothing store where I understand MT made a payment on something.  She returned to her apt and Teresa and I went upstairs where we had dinner at Parmessano.  I had chicken a la milanesa with a mango juice and Teresa had cordon blue florentina with a guanabana juice for 74mil ($23).

We arrived at the platinum room of Cine Colombia 30 minutes before showtime.  We waited about 20 minutes and then got a small popcorn to share and a bottle of water for Teresa.  This time we got the bottom half filled with salted pocorn and the top half with sugar popcorn.

The movie, Ready or Not (7.3), started out strong but was a little disappointing at the end.

We were out by 11:15 and took a taxi back to the apt.  I read for a few minutes then went to bed just before midnight.

11,486 steps today.

Joke of the day
Six retired Italian fellows were playing poker in the condo clubhouse when Guido loses $1,000 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table....
Showing respect for their fallen comrade, the other five continue playing, but standing up.
At the end of the game, Giovanni looks around and asks, "So, who's gonna' tell his wife?"
They cut the cards. Pasquale picks the low card and has to carry the news. 
They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse. 
"Discreet? I'm the most discreet person you'll ever meet. Discretion is my middle name. Leave it to me!"
So, Pasquale goes over to the Guido's condo and knocks on the door. 
The wife answers through the door and asks what he wants? Pasquale declares: "Your husband just lost $1,000 in a poker game and is afraid to come home."
"Tell him to drop dead!" yells the wife. 
"I'll go tell him." says Pasquale.

No comments:

Post a Comment