Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Tuesday, August 13, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 5:30, made a trip to the bathroom, had a drink of water, went back to bed, couldn’t fall back asleep and got up just before 6am.

I found out that Andres put my new SIM card in the Sim 2 slot and it took me a while to figure out how to open the cellphone and move it to the Sim 1 slot.  The phone also went dark after 30 seconds of inactivity and I had to find settings where I changed it to 5 minutes.  The biggest problem was getting into Play Store.  It asked me for my account information and neither of my email addresses would work with my usual passwords.  I finally saw a mention of gmail and I found my old gmail account and password and then it worked.

I downloaded some apps and then I had to find where Samsung stored the icons.  It’s a slow process but I’m making progress.

We left the apt at noon and arrived at the Itagui Nueve eps clinic 25 minutes early.  We were soon allowed in the back to the physical therapy area.  We waited while the physical therapist put 2 women on massage tables and attached electric electrodes to one’s feet and the other’s back.

We then sat with the therapist and she asked a number of questions, most of which Teresa answered.  I did hear her question our mattress but Teresa assured her that the doctor said it was okay.

The therapist gave Teresa a written note that I understand we have to take back to nueve eps and then we’ll get appointments for physical therapy.  As we were leaving the building we passed an old lady – in her 80s at least who was walking very slowly with a cane.  The incredible thing was she was wearing high heels.  It was unusual enough that Teresa even mentioned it.

Outside we had the menu of the day at a restaurant outside the Ocho Cero Ocho building for 21mil each – a little steep by Colombian standards.  (I remember when I lived in Laureles and would take the Circular Sur bus to Aguacatala and I saw them building this building.

We took a taxi to El Tesoro mall where Teresa returned a dress and bought another for 189mil.  We stopped at O’Cake where she had a glass of almond milk and I had a cafĂ© con leche and we shared a slice of raspberry cheesecake.

We took a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa informed me that Julian called and he’ll finish with the garden tomorrow so Teresa will need to go tomorrow to check his work, pay him and lock the gate.

I’m getting my desired apps downloaded to my new cellphone and starting to add telephone numbers.

Chuck called and informed me that he’s having trouble getting his cash out of the bank to pay for his new apt.  Something about he set up his bank account a couple years ago and his passport expired so now his new passport doesn’t match his bank records.

Teresa told me she met with a friend from Argentina yesterday who invited us to visit and stay with them for a few days.  Interesting!

4,563 steps today.

Joke of the day
A minister was seated next to a cowboy on a flight to Texas. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.
The cowboy asked for a whiskey and soda, which was brought and placed before him.
Rather predictably, the minister looked upon the cowboy with scorn - he viewed alcohol as being the work of the devil.
Nevertheless, the flight attendant then asked him if he would like a drink. 
He replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely raped by brazen whores than let liquor touch my lips." 
The cowboy then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me too. I didn't know we had a choice."


No comments:

Post a Comment