Friday, August 16, 2019

Thursday, August 15, 2019


Last night I skipped taking my Dexibuprofen, went to bed at 10:30 and fell asleep quickly.  I was awakened at 6am after Teresa looked at my watch and then dropped it back on the mattress.  Sigh!

I have a little soreness this morning so I took my Dexibuprofen.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall.  I had a café con leche at Habia Una Vez and Jooks (Glenn) soon joined me.  He had a coffee and croissant.  We chatted for awhile and then moved to Todo Fresa which was slightly quieter.  He had another coffee and I had another café con leche with an almond croissant.  He seems to be doing well in Sabaneta.  One thing I learned from him is that I should get one of those Capital One credit cards as I won’t be charged the 1% that I pay USAA.  Hmmm, that might be worth exploring.

We said goodbye, I dropped off a used AA battery for recycling and walked back to the apt.  I arrived at 11:40 and Teresa came back from the gym 10 minutes later.

I spent most of the afternoon watching a series of dumb movies.

We left the apt at 7:30 and as we entered the guardhouse I noticed a 10-year old boy wearing a Chicago Bears t-shirt.  Luckily, I was wearing mine and I pointed that out to him.

We took a taxi to Antica pizza where I had a slice of vegetarian pizza and Teresa had 2 slices of shrimp pizza.

We were back at the apt just after 9pm.

5,769 steps today.

Joke of the day
The nurse asked a patient to remove his clothing and put on a gown to be checked by the doctor.
"In front of you?" He asks shyly.
The nurse says: "Well no, but I've seen the naked human body before.
The man said, "Not one like mine. You'd die laughing at my naked body."
"Of course I won't laugh," said the Nurse to the patient, "I'm a professional. In over twenty years I've never laughed at a patient.”
"Okay  then," said the patient, and he proceeded to  drop  his trousers, revealing a huge male body with the smallest  adult male organ the Nurse had ever seen in her life. In length and girth it was almost identical to an AAA battery.
Unable to control herself, the Nurse tried to stop a giggle, but it just came out.  And then she started laughing at the fact that she was laughing.  Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man's private parts, she composed herself as well as she could. 
"I am so sorry," she said, "I don't know what came over me. On my honor as a Nurse and a lady, I promise that it won't happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the problem?"
"It's swollen," Bob replied.
She ran out of the room. 

2 comments: