Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Tuesday, July 30, 2019


Last night I made the mistake of taking my Zopiclona early at 10:10pm.  I read for about 20 minutes in my Nook then went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly, woke up at 3:30, at 5am I was still awake so I got up and took half a Zopiclona and I was soon back asleep waking/getting up just before 8am.

Teresa left for her gym classes at 8:15.

I watched the first 60 minutes of the Today show then left the apt.  I walked to the mall and dropped off my Ciclovia shoes for repair.  I went up to Mr. Kutz and was surprised that they hadn’t opened yet.  I went down to Todo Fresas where I had a café con leche and studies some of my chess tactics.  Back upstairs the barber shop still wasn’t open.  I walked to Envigado station and took the metro to Estadio station.  I was 15 minutes early so I went to a corner café and ordered a café con leche and a croissant.  I called Jose and he had just arrived at the metro station.  I told him where I was and he soon joined me.  At least he had enough time to have lunch.

At the chess league I had the White pieces and I was able to play the London system and I thought I had a nice attack going but I ended up resigning after 34 moves.

Inside the chess league office Jose helped me register for next week’s chess tournament.  I asked about a 3rd round buy so I can watch the Bears 1st preseason game on August 8th and was told to request it with the tournament director (TD) after I complete the 2nd round.

Back outside I had the Black pieces and I played the Dutch Defense and I was attacking his king but he got his attack going faster and he mated me on the 27th move.

Jose is having cataract surgery this Friday so it will depend on how well he can see as to whether he will register in next week’s tournament.

I returned via metro to Mr. Kutza in Viva Envigado where I got a nice haircut with a new barber for 25mil.

529 steps today. 
Well, I know that isn’t right.  Because my step counter doesn’t work correctly on the diagonal pocket of my shorts I put it inside my tech bag hoping that would work.  Obviously that isn’t reliable either.

Joke of the day
Angela Merkel arrives at Passport Control in Athens airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?”
"No, just here for a few days." 

No comments:

Post a Comment