Friday, July 5, 2019

Thursday, July 4, 2019


Happy Independence Day! to all Americans here and elsewhere.

I got up once during the night, again at 7am finally getting up at 7:30.

I don’t know why, but my back feels better this morning.

Well, at 9am I found out that the channel that carries the Today show still isn’t working.  It’s been working later in the day but not early in the morning.

I watched Game 1 of the Lazy Najdorf DVD.

My son and I traded texts and we’re going to meet here at 4pm.

I left the apt at 1:15 and had the menu of the day lunch at Asados Rogelio.  Chuck and John Heath joined me as I was finishing and then they had lunch also.  I received a text from Marcus at 1pm that he was at the bakery.  I asked him to give me 5 minutes.  I invited Chuck and John to join me and I left for the bakery.  Marcus and I chatted for awhile while waiting for the others to arrive.  He told me about all the trouble he’s having with his girlfriend’s 12 and 14 year old boys.  When they arrived we all ordered coffee and Chuck and John also had a brownie that they declared is delicious.  We split at 3:15 and I walked back to the apt.

I met my son, who arrived by Uber, at 4pm.  I congratulated him on getting his Masters degree.  He brought me 2 gifts – a nail set and a modern chess clock to replace the old one I have.  He asked if he could borrow a wine opener and he asked me to keep it in my tech bag.

I gave him a tour of the apt and while chating it started raining.  It finally stopped at 5:15 and we left and I gave him a tour of La Buena Mesa.  Then we walked down to the mall and I gave him a tour there including one of the Platinum theaters.

At 6:45 he left to meet his buddies for dinner and I stopped in Auros and had an email printed out for Teresa.  On the walk back to the apt I realized I forgot to give Jim the wine opener.

I invited Teresa to go for pizza but she was too tired so we ordered chicken wings from Go Wings.  Good thing too because it was soon raining again.

10,450 steps today.

Joke of the day
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"  The graduate with an engineering degree asks, “How does it work?"  The graduate with an accounting degree asks, “How much will it cost?" The graduate with an arts degree asks, “Do you want fries with that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment