Thursday, July 11, 2019

Wednesday, July 10, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45.

The other day I sent Envios Market an email to get an estimate if I sent a package that was 64” x 14” x 14” and weighed 69.5 pounds.  They replied their shipping cost would be about $194 which would include $100 insurance.

Today I received an answer from DHP to my email about the Dynasty mattress.  The Queen-size Carton Dimensions are 80"L x 76"W x 12"H; 87.5# and the shipping dimensions: 81"L x 14"W x 14"H; 100#.

We didn’t see any taxis on the street this morning.

Bryan, our Uber driver, picked us up just before 11am and dropped us off at the airport 45 minutes later.  I had an opportunity to return with him but I elected to take a bus back to San Diego mall later.  Jim checked his bags at Spirit Airlines then we went upstairs for lunch.  He had chicken with rice and I just had a cafĂ© con leche.  An hour later I walked him to the departure area and we said goodbye until next year.

I bought a bottle of water and walked outside the arrivals area and was struck by 2 long lines for buses.  I walked to the end of the longest line and asked 3 young gringos if this was the line for the San Diego bus.  They said they thought it was so I got behind them in line.  One guy was from South Dakota and the couple were from Texas.  Finally, a couple buses arrived but we were still a ways from getting on one.  One of the guys called for an Uber and invited me to join them.  I paid 15mil for my share back to Medellin. 

On the way I checked my Cine Colombia app and saw that The Freshmen (6.7) was playing at Vizcaya at 2:10pm.    They got out at a hostal which happened to be where I stayed back in 2012 when it was a hotel.  I walked a block to Cine Colombia in Vizcaya where I bought a preferred ticket for 4,250 pesos.  I bought a small popcorn and medium Coke and headed into the theater.  Before the movie started I checked my IMDB app and learned the movie was in French with Spanish subtitles.  Yikes!  Luckily, my Spanish has advanced sufficiently that I was able to follow what was going on.
The movie was good although the ending was a little unusual.  I walked down to Avenida Poblado and quickly caught an Envigado bus.  We moved pretty quickly through the Gold Mile and I was back at the apt before 5pm.

Teresa returned at 6:30.

I watched Essential Endgames Chapter 3, lessons 1-2 on playing with major pieces.

6,759 steps today.

Joke of the day
A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with a see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother pitches a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! 
The teenager yells back: "Loosen up, Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rosebuds show!" and out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes downstairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She lets her grandmother know that she has friends coming over shortly, and that it's just not appropriate... 
The grandmother says: "Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rosebuds, then I can display my hanging baskets."

No comments:

Post a Comment