Monday, July 22, 2019

Sunday, July 21, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, was awakened around 6am by barking dogs, woke up at 7am and took the pill for my osteoarthritis and went back to bed for about 20 minutes.

About the worst I can say now about my lower back is it seems tight, something I could definitely live with.

I left the apt about 9am and walked to Starbucks and back.  On the way I observed the usual yoga class at Otra Parte and exercise classes at Euro and Santafe mall.

I tried again to install the desk drawer but it still sticks.  It went in further however and now I’m convinced I need to move the tracks about 3 ½” to 4” further back.

In the afternoon MT came over and they went to mass.

When they returned Teresa told me she wanted to show me a new café in La Buena Mesa.  We left the apt at 5pm and she led me to Parva bakery which I recall opened in the past few weeks.  The place was pretty busy but we got the last table.  I had a large café con leche and a pastry with arequipe inside and Teresa and MT shared a slice of banana cake and a bottle of water.  The total came to 13,780 ($4).

MT walked back to her apt and we returned to ours.

I watched volume 31 chapter 7, volume 32 chapter 1 and volume 37 chapters 1-2 of Empire Chess Tactics & Sacrifices.

12,842 steps today.

Joke of the day
Rabbi Bernstein was in a terrible accident, and his "manhood" was mangled and torn from his body. 
His doctor assured him that modern medicine could give him back his manhood, but that his insurance wouldn't cover the procedure, since it was considered cosmetic surgery. 
The doctor said the cost would be $3,500 for a "small," $6,500 for a "medium," and $14,000 for a "large."
Rabbi Bernstein was sure that his wife and he would want at the least a medium... and perhaps even a large. But the doctor urged him to talk it over with his wife before he made any decision. 
The rabbi called his wife on the phone and explained their options. The doctor came back into the room, and found the rabbi slouched over in the chair looking quite dejected. 
"Well, what have the two of you decided?" asked the doctor. 
The Rabbi replied, "She'd rather remodel the kitchen."

No comments:

Post a Comment