Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Monday, July 29, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly but woke/got up at 4:30 so I got a drink of water and went back to bed.  It took a little while to fall back asleep and I finally woke/got up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I finally received a text reply from the gringo who says he owes me a cup of coffee.  I understand he’s staying on Carrera 48 and Calle 30 Sur, on the border of Poblado and Envigado.  We agreed to meet at McDonald’s at 2pm and then I would take him to a café in La Buena Mesa.  I chatted briefly with Marcos and invited him to join me meeting the new gringo at McDonald’s at 2pm.  I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.

I left the apt at 1:45 and walked down to McDonald’s.  Jim & Kathy from San Antonio soon arrived.  We walked up to La Buena Mesa where I pointed out various restaurants.  We arrived at Parva bakery/café and we ordered pastries and coffee.  They have been readers of my blog for quite some time.  We chatted for about 3 hours and they left just as Teresa and MT arrived.

The three of us walked down the hill and we ran into Jerry from Denver almost outside his apt.  I made introductions all around and Jerry addressed them in Spanish.

We walked to the mall where we had dinner at Crepes & Waffles followed by ice cream.

We took a taxi and dropped MT off a block from her apt and we returned to ours.

I thought the Democratic debate was tonight but it’s tomorrow night.

3,320 steps today - would you believe I forgot to bring my step counter with me this afternoon?

Joke of the day
I spent a couple of hours defrosting the fridge last night.
Or "foreplay" as my wife likes to call it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment