Thursday, July 4, 2019

Wednesday, July 3, 2019


I woke up once about 5:15, fell back asleep and finally got up at 6:45.

I couldn’t get the channel with the Today show so I left the apt a little earlier at 9:15.  I invited Marcos to join me for coffee today at 2pm but he said he couldn’t make it until tomorrow.  I completed all my exercises in about 90 minutes.

I texted Jerry and invited him for coffee but he can’t make it until tomorrow either.  We are tentatively meeting for coffee tomorrow at 2pm at the bakery, depending on if and when I hear from my son who is supposed to fly in tomorrow.

Today Teresa is taking her mother to Medellin for a doctor’s appointment so I’m on my own for lunch.  We’ll meet up later to see Annabelle Comes Home (6.4) at Viva Envigado.

I bought another DVD chess series – Simon Williams’ Ginger GM Lazy Najdorf for $25.49 and I watched the introduction.

I watched Searching for Bobby Fischer on Direct TV then, about 3:15, I walked to La Buena Mesa in a light rain.  I had the classic pita sandwich for 15,900 at Gyra’Z.  It wasn’t a bad gyro sandwich although the sauce wasn’t what I was used to.  By the time I left it had stopped raining.  I stopped at the bakery and bought a single English muffin for 1,300 pesos (about 40 cents).  I walked to the mall and bought 2 tickets to the 6:45 showing for 6mil each.

I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and played a game of chess on my cellphone.  Just after I finished Chuck and Darnelly stopped by.  They had just seen their first movie in Cine Colombia, some documentary.  We chatted a bit and about 5:30 Teresa called from Cine Colombia so I asked her to stop by.  Teresa explained to Chuck & Darnelly the latest with Laura and I got a mini translation.

Teresa and I left at 6:30 and ordered popcorn and chicken nuggets in the platinum area.

The movie was pretty good but not great.

As we left I noticed I had a couple text messages from my son Jim.  He and his buddies are at their AirBnB in Medellin and he wants to know when we can meet tomorrow.

10,036 steps today.

Joke of the day
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons.  Civil engineers build targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment