Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Tuesday, July 16, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly but got up at 1:30 and 4:30.  I finally woke/got up at 6am.

Teresa had already left to take her mother to her doctor’s appointment.

One of my emails today was from Smartfit informing me that my doctor’s appointment has expired and I have to reschedule.  Only problem is I’m not aware I ever made a doctor’s appointment at Smartfit.

I left the apt at 8am for the mall.  At Habia Una Vez I had their breakfast special of scrambled eggs, croissant with a slice of cheese and a small café con leche for 8mil.  After I finished I ordered another regular size café con leche and Jose soon arrived.  He forgot to tell his wife he was having breakfast with me so when he came out of the shower, breakfast was waiting for him, and of course he had to eat it.

We chatted, I paid my bill and we went up to the food court on the 3rd floor.

We played 3 games over the next 8 hours and I lost all 3.  Two were quite close but I was happy I got to practice each of the new openings I’m trying to learn.  We were right next to a large screen TV that played the same commercial over and over again for those 8 hours.  I’m tired of hearing “Tacho Pistacho”.

On my way back to the apt I stopped at Exito and bought 2 bags of milk.

I told Teresa I was hungry and to get dressed to go out for dinner.  She informed me she has clothes to return to the mall and I should have a bowl of cereal to tide me over – which I did.
We left the apt at 6:30 and walked to the mall.

Teresa returned some clothes at Studio F and exchanged some gym clothes at Reebok.  We went up to the food court where we bought some food to share at Frisby.  She got some stomach cramps and diarrhea and told me it’s from the medicine she’s taking for Osteoporosis.  Yikes!  Is that what I have to look forward to?

We took a taxi back to the apt.

7,271 steps today.

Joke of the day
One Sunday, when counting the money in the weekly offering, the Pastor of a small church found a pink envelope containing $1,000. It happened again the next week! 
The following Sunday, he watched as the offering was collected and saw an elderly woman put the distinctive pink envelope on the plate. This went on for weeks until the pastor, overcome by curiosity, approached her. 
"Ma'am, I couldn't help but notice that you put $1,000 a week in the collection plate," he stated. 
"Why yes," she replied, "every week my son sends me money and I give some of it to the church." 
The pastor replied, "That's wonderful. But $1,000 is a lot, are you sure you can afford this? How much does he send you?"
The elderly woman answered, "$10,000 a week." 
The pastor was amazed. "Your son is very successful; what does he do for a living?" 
"He is a veterinarian," she answered. 
"That's an honorable profession, but I had no idea they made that much money," the pastor said. "Where does he practice?" 
The woman answered proudly, "In Nevada. He has two cathouses - one in Las Vegas, and one in Reno."

No comments:

Post a Comment