Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Tuesday, July 9, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, was awakened at 3am by a car outside Exito playing loud music and again at 5:30 to make a trip to the restroom finally waking at 6:15 and getting up at 6:45.

Teresa got up earlier than me and left the apt just before 8am.  She is going downtown to get her monthly supply of her cancer medication.

I watched Essential Endgames Chapter 2, lessons 4-6 on pawn play.

Teresa came back at 9:30 and reported she got her medicine today with almost no wait.  She said she was soon going to Mayorca to exchange some clothes.

Jim and I left the apt at 11am and took a taxi to Plaza Botero.  In the Museo de Antioquia gift shop he bought a couple artfully decorated match boxes and coffee mugs as gifts.  Outside and across the street he bought a couple small Botero statues for 10mil each.  I asked the vendor where is Junin mall and he pointed behind him.  It’s just a block away.  We walked inside and I figured the restaurant we were looking for - ReMedellin - was at the other end.  We walked through the mall and out the other side and the entrance just didn’t look the same as I remembered.  Finally, we walked a little further down and when I saw McDonald’s I knew I had the right entrance.  I led Jim upstairs and where the restaurant used to be is now a “for rent” sign.  We ended up having the menu of the day at a nearby restaurant for about 46mil ($14).

We walked a block away and caught a taxi back to Envigado.  We walked the last block to AfroSoul where Jim bought a couple more t-shirts and a baseball cap “Calles de Medellin” in Chicago Bears colors of orange and navy blue.

We walked to the mall where we had a café con leche at Café Arangos.

Teresa called me from Mayorca mall and I invited her to join us but she said she was tired and wanted to go straight back to the apt to take a nap.

After an hour or so we walked back to the apt.

Teresa informed me that there will be a taxi protest tomorrow so Jim had better call early for his Uber.

I found Bryan’s name in my contact list and Teresa talked to him and made arrangements to pick Jim up at 11am tomorrow and take him to the airport for 85mil.

We left the apt at 7:15 and took a taxi to Antica Pizza where Teresa and I had pizza and Jim had pasta for 43mil.  We walked down the hill and caught a taxi back to the apt.

7,333 steps today.

Joke of the day
During a recent outing in New Orleans, a woman snuck off to visit a fortune teller of some local repute. In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the mystic delivered grave news.
"There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just be blunt: Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year." 
Visibly shaken, the woman stared at the fortune teller's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands. She took a few deep breaths to compose herself.
She simply had to know. She met the fortune teller's gaze, steadied her voice, and asked, "Will I be acquitted?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment