Saturday, July 27, 2019

Friday, July 26, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30 but it seemed to take me at least an hour to fall asleep.  I woke/got up at 6am and went for a drink of water and back to bed.  I finally got up at 6:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in about 90 minutes.  I didn’t see Marcos today.

This morning I started receiving my Expat Exchange emails again.  I think I was out of the loop for 2 days.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood (9.1).  Locally, 2001: A Space Odyssey (8.3) is playing at Viva Envigado at 12:30pm Sunday.

I texted Marcos and we made plans to meet for coffee tomorrow after lunch.

Teresa and I took a nap from 1:30 to 2:30.

She said she was going to Caldas to pick up the finca utility bill but she changed her mind after I checked my Waze app and found that traffic was bumper to bumper.

I left the apt at 3pm and stopped in Eduardo Madrid Café.  I pointed to an English muffin and asked for one.  She got it out and I asked her what it’s called as I thought they called it panita something.  With a Spanish accent she said it’s called an English muffin.  LOL.  Now I know.

I walked to the mall where I recycled a AA battery and pill bottle.  For the latter I received another Burger King coupon.

I went into Cine Colombia to buy a ticket to 2001: A Space Odyssey for Sunday at 12:30pm but I was informed they are sold out.  Ouch!

I bought a medium coffee from Juan Valdez and sat down at a nearby table where I spent an hour studying my chess tactics book.

I checked my Waze app and it appeared that the highway traffic had cleared so I called Teresa buy she informed me she was on her way to Caldas to pick up the utility bill for the finca.

I went to the pharmacy outside Exito where I bought another 10 Dexibuprofen for 35,800.  (These buggers are costing me about $1 apiece but it’s worth it!)  In Exito I picked up a package of 4 AA batteries, 2 bags of milk and a box of Hindu Frutos Salvaje tea for Teresa.  (She tried it yesterday at La Tres Uno and really liked it.)  I didn’t find Planters Crunchy Peanut Butter, however.

Tonight is the first practice for the Chicago Bears.

Teresa didn’t return to the apt until about 9pm as she was visiting a sick single friend in Caldas.  She brought me some chicken asados (roasted) with small baked potatoes.

8,845 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man wonders if having sex on the Sabbath is a sin because he is not sure if sex is work or play, so he goes to a priest and asks for his opinion on this question.
After consulting the Bible, the priest says, "My son, after an exhaustive search, I am positive that sex is work and is therefore not permitted on Sundays."
The man thinks: "What does a priest know about sex?"
So he goes to a minister who, after all, is a married man and experienced in this matter.
He queries the minister and receives the same reply. Sex is work and therefore not for the Sabbath!
Not pleased with the reply, he seeks out a Rabbi, a man of thousands of years of tradition and knowledge.
The Rabbi ponders the question, then states, "My son, sex is definitely play."
The man replies, "Rabbi, how can you be so sure when so many others tell me sex is work?"
The Rabbi speaks softly: "My son, if sex were work, my wife would have the maid do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment