Sunday, July 21, 2019

Saturday, July 20, 2019


Happy Independence Day Colombia!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up once at 5:10, fell back asleep quickly and finally woke/got up at 7am.

Blueberry pancakes for breakfast!  Yay!

My back feels much better.  Those new pills are wonderful.  Yay!

Teresa is getting her hair done today so I’m on my own for part of the morning and afternoon.  I do have my ticket to Apollo 11 at 12:15 so that will be in my plans.

I left the apt at 9:15 and halfway across the parking lot to the bakery I noticed the far gate was closed.  I retreated and took the long away around where I found the bakery closed, probably because of the holiday.

I returned to the apt.

I watched volume 23 chapter 6 and volume 31 chapters 1-6 of Empire Chess Tactics & Sacrifices.

I left the apt at 10:45 and in the platinum room of Cine Colombia I plugged in my cellphone and did some reading.  I ate a plate of 8 chicken nuggets with a tasty sauce for 11,400 ($3.50) and a small Coke.  Five minutes before showtime I filled my platinum bucket with popcorn, refilled my soft drink and entered the theater.  The theater for Apollo 11 was almost full although I had 2 empty seats next to me.  The movie was very good.  Fifty years ago when this occurred I was a month past graduating from college.  I’m sure I would have laughed if someone had told me that 50 years later I would be living in Colombia.

After the movie I called Teresa but she didn’t answer.  I went to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche for 4,300 pesos.  Teresa called me and informed me that she couldn’t find a beauty shop open, probably because today is a holiday.  She asked me to pick up some red apples on my way back to the apt.

I left the café after about 45 minutes and stopped in the pharmacy outside Exito where I bought another package of 10 Dexibuprofeno for 35,800 pesos.  That was 7,800 pesos more than the first box I bought.

On my way back to the apt I stopped in Exito where I bought 4 gala apples and a container of Axion (dish soap).

Back at the apt I checked the drawer runners on the desk and they still slide easily but if I apply some side pressure to them they stick/stop.  That seems to indicate that I need to set the screws deeper but if I make them too deep then the screw won’t hold in the hole so it will be a slow step by step process.

I received an email from magicJack informing me that my account expires soon and suggesting I renew now.  I checked my notes and “soon” actually is July of 2020!  LOL.

I watched a couple Apollo specials on the Smithsonian Channel.

6,655 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two eighty year-old pensioners are taking a trip down memory lane by going back to the place where they first met.
Sitting at a cafe, the little old man says, "Remember the first time I met you over 50 years ago? We left this cafe, went round the corner behind the gas works, and I gave you the thrill of your life."
"Why, yes, I remember it well, dear," replies the little old lady with a grin.
"Well, for old time's sake, let's go there and do it again."
The two pensioners pay their bill and leave the cafe. A young man sitting next to them had overheard the conversation and smiles to himself, thinking it would be quite amusing to see two old timers at it. He gets up and follows them. Sure enough, he sees the two pensioners near the gas works. The little old lady pulls off her knickers and lifts up her dress.
The old man pulls down his pants and grabs the lady's hips, and the little old lady reaches for the fence. Well, what follows is 10 minutes of the most athletic love making the man has ever seen. Limbs are flying everywhere, the movement is a blur, and they do not stop for a single second. Finally, they collapse and don't move for an entire hour.
The young man is stunned. Never in his life has he ever seen anything that equates to this - not in the movies, not from his friends, not from his own experiences.
Reflecting on what he has just seen, he says to himself, "I have to know his secret. If only I could make love like that now, let alone in 50 years' time!"
The two old pensioners have by this time recovered and dressed themselves.
 Plucking up courage, the man approaches the pensioner.
He says, "Sir, in all my life I have never seen anybody make love like that, particularly at your age! What's your secret? Could you make love like that 50 years ago??"
The pensioner replies, "I don't think so, son. 50 years ago, that fence wasn't electrified!"

No comments:

Post a Comment