Monday, July 29, 2019

Sunday, July 28, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep, got up once during the night about 3:15, woke/got up briefly at 6:20 to have a drink of water, went back to bed and woke/got up at 7am.

My ex emailed me the information to renew my driver’s license.  It looks like I can do it online since I haven’t had any accidents or violations in the past 4 years.  LOL.

I left the apt at 8:45 and joined those walking for Ciclovia.  On the way I stopped in the Euro store looking for Mexican salsa and bread for sandwiches but found neither.  Kiddy Korner across the street I found Mexican salsa in Carulla but not the right bread.  I decided to wait until I visited the Viva Envigado Exito.  I had my usual café mocca in Starbucks.  On my walk back I saw a young man dressed as an English Queen’s Guard.  He was passing out flyers so I took one and it was for British Motors Jaguar and Land Rover in Medellin.  I’m seeing a few scooters on the streets and sidewalks, not sure if they are all electric or not.

I was back at the apt by 11am.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked to the mall.  First I stopped at the Auros copy center where I printed my letter from the Secretary of State.

I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche.  At 2:30 their large screen TV was showing Egan Bernal winning the Tour de France, the first Colombian to do so.  The food court was so crowded it was standing room only.  When he took the podium Colombians actually applauded.  (Bicycle racing is the 2nd favorite sport here after soccer.)

I carefully read the letter and it appears I can renew my driver’s license online.  Yay!

I paid for my coffee and left at 3:15 and walked down to Cine Colombia.  In the Platinum room I ordered a lemonade and studied my chess tactics for an hour.

I went into Exito where I picked up a bag of sandwich bread.  I looked all over for Mexican salsa but no luck.  I even asked an associate but what she showed me was all jalapeno muy picante, spicier than I want.

On my way out of the mall I shouted “Go White Sox” at a young man wearing a Chicago Cubs t-shirt.  I don’t know what his reply was as I was wearing the earbuds for my iPod.  I should have backtracked and chatted with him but I didn’t.  Sigh!

I was back at the apt by 5:30.

One of Teresa’s favorite movies is on Direct TV tonight so we’re going to watch it for the 3rd time or so.  Only problem was that it wasn’t with subtitles so it was either watch it in the original English or dubbed in Spanish.  I chose the latter for Teresa’s viewing.

13,492 steps today.

Joke of the day
I woke up this morning at 8 and could sense something was wrong.  I went downstairs and found the wife face down on the kitchen floor, not breathing!  I panicked. I didn't know what to do.
Then I remembered the local cafe serves breakfast until 11:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment