Friday, July 12, 2019

Thursday, July 11, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, vaguely recall waking up briefly and noticing it was raining, woke up at 6:20 and got up at 7am.  Nice!

I received an email from my daughter Jeannie that she and her best friend JoAnn will be staying with us August 28th & 29th.  Then they will move to an AirBnB in Poblado for the 30th & 31st then fly to Salento and Tayrona from the 1st to the 5th.  I sent them my tips for first time visitors to Medellin.

We left the apt at 10:30 and took a taxi to Clinica Rosario not far from El Tesoro mall.  Teresa got a few more shots in her leg veins for 200mil.

We took a taxi to El Tesoro and walking inside I observed a K9 security dog sniffing someone’s package – I guess for a bomb.

Teresa found a dress in Studio F for $30.  While she was checking out the clothes I ran into Abel (sp?) brother of Andres that I used to play chess with in Mall Laureles.  Teresa joined our conversation and I understood Andres is living/working in Santa Marta and Abel invited us to visit and stay with him.  (Hmmm.  That’s close to Tayrona National Park where Jeannie & JoAnn are going.)  We asked him to give our greetings to Andres and we left.  Teresa shopped some in Zara but I understand the discounts weren’t big enough.  We had lunch in J&C Delicious.

In one corner of the mall, next to each other, I saw Americana de Colchones, El Dorado Colchones, Rambler, and Serta.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I’ve spent considerable time trying to install my drawer with the new runners/slides back in my desk.  I can’t seem to get them set up right so the drawer will go all the way in.  I am getting closer however so I’m not giving up.

I watched Essential Endgames Chapter 3, lessons 3-4 on playing with minor pieces and Chapter 4, lessons 1-3 on rook play.

3,824 steps today.

Joke of the day
Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you take them while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment