Saturday, July 6, 2019

Friday, July 5, 2019


I slept through the night waking at 6am and getting up at 6:45.

My back this morning still feels weak and slightly sore but not painful so I guess that’s some progress.

We left the apt just before 9am and arrived early at the doctor’s office.  The doctor said there is nothing wrong with the botox he put in her forehead.  There was no additional charge.  We were 25 minutes early for the stores opening so we stopped at O’Cake and had coffee and shared a lite pastry.

At 10am Teresa went into Zara and checked out the clothes.  She came out 45 minutes later and told me I could go and start my errands.

I took a taxi to Nueve Eps across from the stadium and after about 10 minutes I had my lab results – a single page and a CD.  No charge.

I walked across the street and took photos of the upcoming tournament from August 7th to the 11th.  (Actually there will be 3 tournaments of different strengths going on at the same time.)  I saw chess sets being set up for a tournament probably starting later today – 7 rows of about 20 sets in each row.

I took a taxi to Envios Market where I picked up my GNC vitamins for a 20mil extra charge, my July Chess Life magazine and my July/August Readers Digest, 2 letters from BSI Financial and 3 credit card offers from Capital One.

I took a slow bus back to Envigado and got another pain relief shot in my butt.  I made a withdrawal from the ATM then paid the Claro bill for Teresa and myself.

As I was leaving I got a call from Jim.  They have no working wifi today and right now he’s at the Envigado mall.  I met him there in 15 minutes and we went up to Sarku’s where we had chicken teriyaki and a coconut lemonade for lunch.

We stopped for a bit at Café Arangos for coffee.

Back at the apt we spent at least an hour trying to fix the desk drawer.  We finally figured out that the right slide isn’t working so I’ll have to go back to Home Center and buy another.

Jim left about 5:30 and Teresa called me to meet her at the mall.  She was there with MT and we took a taxi to Antica Pizza for, wait for it, pizza.

We were back at the apt by 8pm when it started pouring.  After about 30 minutes it eased off to just a continuous rain and within another hour and stopped completely.

I couldn’t find my receipts for my Claro payments.  Yikes!  Where could I have put them?

Then I found them.  They are so small I had folded them and put them in my pocket.  I paid 108,168.88 for Teresa’s 10GB plan and 7,600 for my 4GB plan.  Mine was probably the overage for the month beyond what I first paid.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Tomorrow morning we’re going to Euro in Mayorista and then if it isn’t too late Teresa needs to go to the finca to check on work done by one of the neighbors.

11,097 steps today.

Joke of the day
Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, I hope you are able to resolve your back problem. I have had back issues on and off for a few years. I know they can be a real drag on the quality of your life. Hopefully, if you get your foam mattress it will help.

    ReplyDelete