Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Monday, July 1, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm and didn’t wake until 6:30, turned over and fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Another one bites the dust!  Month, I mean.  Today is the first of July, another holiday here.  This time it’s both Sagrado Corazon (Sacred Heart) AND Dia de San Pedro y San Pablo (Saint Peter and Saint Paul Day).  It’s so quiet here on these holiday mornings; no one walking on the sidewalks, almost no cars on the roads.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, took half an Excedrin and left for the gym.  Marcos was there and we chatted a bit.  I completed all my exercises in a little over an hour and a half.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to the mall.  I had some chess notes printed at the Auros copy center.  The mall was packed as today is a holiday.  I went up to Café Arangos where I ordered a cold mocca frappe.  Soon the waitress came over and I have no idea what she was trying to tell me.  I finally settled on telling her that I was in no hurry and she seemed satisfied with that.

It took quite a while, the 3 girls working there were very busy, but I eventually got my drink which helped cool me off.

I studied some of my chess notes and about 5pm it occurred to me that I was taking up one of the tables by myself and the other tables were taken also.  I decided not to hog it anymore so I paid my 7,700 bill and walked down the hall where I noted that the names of the 2 mattress stores are Rambler and Comodisimos.  Further on I found a kiosk named Paraiso which displayed mainly pillows but had a small demo mattress.  They had a sign that said they had a 60% discount today only.  I headed downstairs and next to Habia Una Vez I saw Mickey & Minnie (from the Mouse family) with, of course, lots of kids getting their pictures taken.  I recalled seeing an ad that Disney on Ice is going to be here for a few days next week.
Outside it was raining lightly but luckily I had my portable umbrella with me.  I was back at the apt by 5:30 and the rain soon ended.

8,641 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said,” Where did you get such a great bike?"  The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."  The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, “Good choice. The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment