Sunday, July 14, 2019

Saturday, July 13, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

Teresa was already up as she has to take her mother to an 8am doctor’s appointment at Confama in Envigado.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the mall where I had a café con leche and an almond croissant at Todo Fresas.  I went to Auros where I found a long line to use their copy and printing services.  When it was my turn I had about 70 pages printed for about only 10,000 pesos.  I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and another almond croissant.  I returned to the apt around noon.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Crawl (6.9).  Locally, the only thing I might want to see is Dr. Strangelove (8.4) playing at Viva Envigado tomorrow at 12:30pm.  Cine Colombia is celebrating Stanley Kubrick's movies with special showings.

I watched Essential Endgames Chapter 5, lessons 1-3 on bishop endgames and knight endgames which finished the course.  It was a very good course and something that I’ve been lacking for quite some time.

Andres called from Santa Marta.  Teresa informed me that he’s an owner of a juice store that only serves one type of juice – one to reinvigorate the uh, male and female organs.  Lol.  Teresa told him that we might be visiting early in September.

I talked to Matt, a gringo I met on Expat Exchange, from Norfolk Virginia.  I called him using my magicJack and we shared some common experiences.

Teresa surprised me by suggesting we go to Mu tonight. I called to ensure they were open.  We left the apt just after 7pm.  At Mu we had the large order of ribs.  We each ate 2 each, with fries, and had 4 more to go for 82mil.  I asked the owner if they are going to be closed at all in coming months and she said not until December and January.  We were back at the apt by 8:30.

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Client.

5,440 steps today.

Joke of the day
After 10 years, the wife starts to think their kid looks kinda strange so she decides to do a DNA test.  She finds out that the kid is actually from completely different parents.
Wife: Honey, I have something very serious to tell you.
Husband: What’s up?
Wife: According to DNA test results, this is not our kid.
Husband: Well you don’t remember, do you?  When we were leaving the hospital, we noticed that our baby had pooped.  Then you said: Please go change the baby, I’ll wait for you here.  So I went inside, got a clean one and left the dirty one there.
Moral: Never give a man a job that doesn't belong to him.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of movies, one of my favorite subjects, I just found out yesterday about the Hitchcock / Kubrick series playing throughout Colombia. I found out at Vizcaya in Poblado where they had brochures about the festival. I'm surprised the film series is playing at more than one theater in Medellin. I haven't been hitting the movies as much as I'd like but that's soon to change. I didn't think there were many offerings in Medellin other than typical mall stuff. I haven't been to the cine at Viva Envigado yet, but fell in love with the Vizcaya. We saw the new Almodovar release... surprise, the theater was more than half empty on a Saturday night for such a distinguished director and cast. One reason I went to see it was to test how far I've come in learning Spanish - there were no subtitles. Sad to say, but I was lost, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you see Cine Colombia in Viva Envigado: 14 screens, Platinum area, Imax, Dinamix, Juan Valdez cafe, etc. In the Platinum area yesterday they had brochures with the dates for the Hitchcock/Kubrick series. I added a few dates to my cellphone for future reference.

    ReplyDelete