Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Monday, July 8, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until 6:30 getting up at 7am.

Teresa called Nueve Eps and made a followup appointment for me and my back, hopefully with Clara the lady who speaks English.   My appointment is for Wednesday, July 17 at 2pm and I understand we will have another doctor but at least Teresa will understand my test results.

We had blueberry pancakes and coffee for breakfast then left the apt at 11am.  Jim and I walked to a small mall called La Granja where we wandered the few halls looking for some suitable souvenirs for Jim’s friends.  No luck.  We stopped at a Davivienda ATM where he made a withdrawal then I took him to Chuck’s Mart but we didn’t find anything there either.  Walking through Parque Envigado on our way to the bakery for coffee we ran into Chuck.  I made introductions and we all went to the bakery for coffee.

From there we walked up a block and I showed Jim Mercado de Tranvia unfortunately all the restaurants weren’t yet open.

We said goodbye to Chuck then Jim and I walked to the bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil.  We walked down to AfroSoul (Cr 46 #38A Sur-20) where we each bought a couple t-shirts for 40mil each ($24.95 total).

On our way back to the apt we stopped at Exito where I bought a bag of milk and a small package of mozzarella cheese.

For lunch Teresa made spaghetti ala Juanita and I made garlic bread.

I bought Anna Rudolf’s DVD course Essential Endgames for $24.95.  I watched Chapter 1, lessons 1-3 on how to checkmate with 2 bishops, bishop and knight, and 2 knights and Chapter 2, lessons 1-3 on pawn play.

9,473 steps today.

Joke of the day
A guy and his date were parked on a back road some distance from town, doing what guys and girls do on back roads some distance from town. 
As things really started getting hot, the girl stopped the guy and said, "I really should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm actually a hooker and I charge $20 for sex." 
The guy reluctantly paid her, and they went on with their business. 
After they finished, the guy lit up a cigarette, sat back in the driver's seat and stared out the window. 
"Why aren't we going anywhere?" asked the girl. 
"Well, I should have mentioned this before, but I'm actually a taxi driver, and the fare back to town is $25."

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get blueberry pancakes from? Any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a package of blueberries at Pricesmart. Also with Bisquick and Canadian maple syrup all also from Pricesmart. Of course, Teresa made them and they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete