Saturday, July 20, 2019

Friday, July 19, 2019


I got up once during the night, again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

My back feels much better this morning, maybe a slight discomfort but its better than pain and weakness.  Those new pills must be working.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I didn’t see Marcos today.  I completed all my exercises in about 90 minutes.

No Gente newspapers today, maybe because tomorrow is a holiday?

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, we just saw Ted Bundy and tomorrow I’ll see Apollo 11.  Beyond that there isn’t anything else I want to see this week.

Again I tried to reinstall the drawer.  I came much closer but still it’s not right.  My best guess is I need to move the runners closer to the front.  Hmm, on second thought I think I need to drive the screws in deeper.

Teresa and I took a nap from 2 to 3pm.

Well, I plugged in my external drive loaded with movies that Michael gave me and I keep getting Windows Media errors.  I went to Netflix and got download errors.  Same thing in Youtube but at least it recommended I restart my computer.

I restarted it and it seemed to work.  I watched the first half of Contact then switched to Kidnapping Stella (4.9) that Teresa and I watched on Netflix.  Despite the low rating Teresa really liked it.

For dinner we had chicken wings delivered from Go Wings.

After we finished eating I reminded Teresa that her TV show Desafio was soon starting but she surprised me by choosing to see another movie.  I chose Secret Obsession (4.4) on Direct TV but she soon tired of it and was watching something on her phone.  The last 30 minutes or so the action increased significantly and then she started watching it again but I’m sure she was a little lost since she didn’t know what was going on.

4,584 steps today.

Joke of the day
Grandpa and grandma were watching the television evangelical show and the preacher said, if the viewers at home wanted to be healed, place one hand on the television set and the other hand on the body part where they wanted to be healed.
Grandma got up and slowly hobbled to the television set, placed her right hand on the set and her left hand on her arthritic shoulder that was causing her to have great pain.
Then Grandpa got up, went to the TV, placed his right hand on the set and his left hand on his crotch.
Grandma scowled at him and said, "I guess you just don't get it. The purpose of doing this is to heal the sick, not to raise the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment