Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Tuesday, July 2, 2019


I got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 8:45 and met Jose at the entrance to the mall.  He said he has been there long enough to already have coffee and a pastry.

We went upstairs and played 4 games and I lost every one of them.  How embarrassing!  The first two were long and close but the last two were short and I felt overwhelmed.  For lunch he had a FriSnack from Frisby and I had a Philadelphia sandwich from Q’Bano.

Teresa called me at the end of the last game and informed me that she’s stuck in the elevator and can’t get out.

I packed up my stuff, said goodbye to Jose and walked back to the apt.  It was now 25 minutes since Teresa first called me.  I informed the portero that my wife was stuck in the elevator and he seemed to know and said a technical mechanic has been called.  I went up to the 4th floor and dropped off some of my stuff.  Teresa called me and asked to speak to the portero so I went to the porteria and handed him the phone.  That seemed to satisfy Teresa and she told me to go ahead with my plans to go to the bank.

I took a bus to Bancolombia and took the number 718 and the place was standing room only and they were serving number 608.  I went to Todo Drogas and bought my medicines and supplements for the month.

I learned from google that the US Women’s National Team beat England 2-1 so they now advance to the finals of the Women’s World Cup.

I sat outside Bancolombia for awhile until the clouds parted and I was sitting in the sun.  Back inside I stood for awhile, sat on some stairs for awhile and finally got a seat.  I read a little from my Reader’s Digest and finally after a 1 hour and 55 minute wait it was my turn.  I had no problem getting my money and I quickly had my bills paid and a little extra cash in my pocket.

Teresa called me while I was walking back to the apt and told me she was back in the apt after 3 hours being stuck in the elevator.
For dinner I finished the leftover ribs from last Saturday night.

About 10pm I noticed it was raining lightly.  I think it continued throughout most of the night.

1,993 steps today.

Joke of the day
To the optimist, the glass is half-full. To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.  To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment